King of the Hammers race week 2022!

Johnny Quest

Web Wheeler
Yeah, it was nasty! Looked like he was having major steering issues before the rollover, I'm surprised he drove so fast considering he was having trouble keeping it on the course! 😲

That course worker almost got taken out, too.... and didn't flinch!

Yea I think I even said “he’s gonna roll” out loud when he was up in the rocks. Tough break, but hopefully they can get it back together by Friday.

Edit: sounds like he had a locker up front, but broke it prerunning, so all they had for qualifying was a spool, which most likely caused his steering to misbehave.

Last edited:

Coco

Everytime I watch this race, it makes me want to build a SXS (thinking it is cheaper lol) and race it. Maybe someday.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I hate to admit it, but the SxS races are pretty dang impressive. They've come a long way from just being 4WD golf carts. :) Right @BCGPER ?

Totally agree, a handful of years ago you couldn't keep a SxS together for a mild desert race... now they're bouncing up massive ledges with huge tires and killing it in the desert! Pretty neat to see that kind of progression in the sport.

ID Bronco

I've been watching a lot more than I should and really miss being there. But, I am sick of the English accents with the commentators. I'm watching on mute now.

Coco

Women love the English accents... Their hearts all a flutter.

I have a co worker that is English, and I see it first hand. I will admit, I kind of like his accent too... #imnotgayeventhoughIhaveaSXS

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Is the live feed cutting in and out for anyone else, or is it just my connection? It stops for 2-3 seconds, every 30 seconds or so. Watching from my phone, have good service but the feed is lagging.

ID Bronco

Is the live feed cutting in and out for anyone else, or is it just my connection? It stops for 2-3 seconds, every 30 seconds or so. Watching from my phone, have good service but the feed is lagging.
The video lags a little but not as much as you seem to be experiencing.

Johnny Quest

Web Wheeler
Totally agree, a handful of years ago you couldn't keep a SxS together for a mild desert race... now they're bouncing up massive ledges with huge tires and killing it in the desert! Pretty neat to see that kind of progression in the sport.

The UTV’s are going to hurt feelings in the 4400 class; mark my words