King of the Hammers race week 2022!

Trate D

I've been watching a lot more than I should and really miss being there. But, I am sick of the English accents with the commentators. I'm watching on mute now.
I can deal with the accents but Ricky Johnson drives me nuts! Always cutting people off and delivering wrong information then has to be corrected.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
Is the live feed cutting in and out for anyone else, or is it just my connection? It stops for 2-3 seconds, every 30 seconds or so. Watching from my phone, have good service but the feed is lagging.
It's very choppy for me.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
The 3 factory-backed Broncos finished 1,2,3 in the Stock class. Nice job, I guess.....maybe I feel a little bitter, because it seems like they just threw enough money at it to make it work. Within the rules, but kinda sketchy since they had portals on the front.

Trate D

The 3 factory-backed Broncos finished 1,2,3 in the Stock class. Nice job, I guess.....maybe I feel a little bitter, because it seems like they just threw enough money at it to make it work. Within the rules, but kinda sketchy since they had portals on the front.
My thoughts exactly. Seems most times in off-road most money wins.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin

John Williams needs to build a Wrangler on portals for next years KOH... I mean, if the Broncos can run portals in Stock class....

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
John Williams needs to build a Wrangler on portals for next years KOH... I mean, if the Broncos can run portals in Stock class....
My thoughts exactly. Seems most times in off-road most money wins.

Jeep Guys. Always crying about something.

:D

But for reals, have you seen this video. 😳😳

Greg

Admin

Ok.... JEEPer. 😆

Trate D

Nothing like a 500k (probably conservative) 4400 car. But the “stock” class Broncos did what they came to do can’t knock them to hard for that.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor

Who you calling a jeep guy?

The last couple years, Stock class has been won by a leaf-sprung Toyota truck.

Greg

Admin
The main event is moments away from kicking off, should get real interesting with the different classes all running together!

Greg

Admin
Who built the IFS/IRS car that Cameron Steele is racing? Anyone have info or a link to the build?

*edit* Sounds like it's a Lazernut car...

Trate D

Who built the IFS/IRS car that Cameron Steele is racing? Anyone have info or a link to the build?

*edit* Sounds like it's a Lazernut car...
I think it was built by armada engineering for lasernut. Also, if anyone is wondering the “premium” is the same exact feed as YouTube...edit: No commercial view loss

Last edited:

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
Jesse Haines drove it at the OSRC rock race a handful of years back. It’s a crazy car. It’s interesting that more teams are moving to IRS which makes me think that car was ahead of the curve for sure.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Jesse Haines took the Roxor to the top of the podium on leaf springs and portals a few years back
I remember that, and I think that was the precedent that made this OK. I'm not saying it's wrong--it's normal to push the envelope of the rules. I like it, but I just don't like it. :)

Luckily, it doesn't really affect me one way or the other. It's fun to watch.