Ksl classifieds

4thefamily

has anyone ever received an email like this when selling on ksl? I was aware of the Nigerian scam but I thought that was for big ticket items not a stupid cheap TV.

Greetings,My name is SIMON MOORE,I hail from HOLLAND and i am highly interested in buying your {27" SanyoTV 2 years old, manual, remote} from you ,I will like you
to give me the ASKING price and also scan the pics for me for proper verifycation . As for the shipping,I have a liable shipper that takes goods care of all my shipping .Cashiers check is the payment method. So pls emailme back so that we canconclude about it. and i will like you to feed meout
of this info...
Name...
Address...
City...
State...
Country...
Phone#
I await ur this info so that ! i can fax it down to my
client that will send u the cashiers check.hope this is acceptable
! email me ASAP....... pls
regards MOORE.

KToy

its the scam. i get those all the time.

i reply and say I WILL NOT SHIP ONLY SELLING LOCAL UNLESS U SEND ME 1 MILLION DOLLARS MUHAHAHAHA

they never reply back LOL

CJJ92yj

Stuff like that only makes me laugh. Why would a guy in Holland want to buy a used 27" television from Salt Lake City, Utah, and have it shipped all the way over there??? If I were in the market for a used television, I highly doubt I would start looking in the Holland classifieds for a good deal. I mean, televisions are everywhere, why would he have to buy one half the way around the world?

GR4x4

Stop the MADNESS
Brett said:
:confused: What, I bought a TV from some guy in Holland once. :confused: :hickey:

Sucks that you couldn't plug it in either, seeing that they have a different plug system then we do. :eek:

dunatic67

It's all about the HP
I received an email like that when I had a Generator for sale on KSL also. Yep, Scam- delete it.
It's funny that whoever is involved in that scam targets KSL adds- I guess they think we are all a bunch of guppies.

JF1

You'd be surprised how many gullible people around here fall for this scam.

dunatic67 said:
I received an email like that when I had a Generator for sale on KSL also. Yep, Scam- delete it.
It's funny that whoever is involved in that scam targets KSL adds- I guess they think we are all a bunch of guppies.