KSL Ghosts???

Evolved

Less-Known Member
I have a set of wheels that I posted on KSL (and here) a few weeks back. I have had multiple people text me about them, negotiate a price and say they are on their way. BUT, they never show! Most of this has been done via text message but I had a guy on Saturday actually call me, we talked for a bit, talked price and then he set an appointment with me. Said he would be at my place around 3 PM, text me at 3:00 and said GPS is now saying 3:30, never showed and never heard back.

I thought it was a group of friends was just messing with me because I had a little negative interaction (via text, what a sissy) with another "buyer" from KSL. I vented to my wife and she thought I was crazy. Flash forward a week and a half and I have now had 5 people "ghost" me from KSL. Went wheeling with some buddies yesterday and vented to one of them and he said he had the same experience a few times recently. Is this a thing?????

This is going to kill KSL if people are doing this. I for one, am done with KSL. I am deleting my posts and will now start giving shit away if this is how it's going to be.

Anyone else have the similar experiences lately?

Diesel_Zuk

Yes it's a pain in the butt. Has happened to me probably a half dozen times this past year alone. Drives me up the wall, because I hate giving my address out to people I don't know, then they not show up. Always sketches me out that I'm gonna get robbed or something later when I leave my house.

Evolved

Less-Known Member
Always sketches me out that I'm gonna get robbed or something later when I leave my house.
YES! I have the same feelings. What the hell is wrong with people? My buddy refuses to give his address out, so he meets people at park close to his house. I would be ready to kill someone if I loaded up whatever I was selling only to wait and wait for someone that never shows. It gets my blood boiling even waiting at my own house. So disrespectful...

J-mobzz

Yeah people are flakes. It happens to me all the time too. It’s just as bad trying to buy in my opinion. I have been dirt bike shopping and trying to get people to commit to a time to see it is next to impossible it seems. I finally picked one up Saturday but had to bug the guy 4-5 times a day for 3 days to get him to actually meet me.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Premium Vendor
Yup, Facebook Marketplace isn't much better... as they have no mandate to respond or reply when you ask "are you still coming?"

htrddzl

I have been ghosted my fair share. But on a positive note last Sunday I was browsing ksl while the wife was driving us through slc. I got ahold of a guy about an item and met him ten minutes later. I told my wife that has to be the fastest ksl transaction in history!

SnwMnkys

Whenever Ive agreed upon a time with someone, not in the immediate future and they ask me for my address I always tell them to text me when theyre on their way and ill give it to them then. I also ask how long until theyre here. Seems to cut down on the flakes and wasting my time.

Corban_White

Whenever Ive agreed upon a time with someone, not in the immediate future and they ask me for my address I always tell them to text me when theyre on their way and ill give it to them then. I also ask how long until theyre here. Seems to cut down on the flakes and wasting my time.
This is what I do. I also refuse to do any negotiation unless in person. This cuts down on a bunch of crap.

Bart

Supporting Member
Yep, I've been doing this lately also.

Evolved

Less-Known Member
Thanks for the advice @SnwMnkys @RockChucker. I never really had bad experiences until recently. In the past every transaction had gone smooth with no flakes or issues. Except for the random "will you take $75 for the item you have listed for $250?". Now, I will start meeting people in the hospital parking lot close to my house and not leave until they are there. I don't mind the negotiating via text prior to even them seeing the product. I feel it usually benefits me with the price because if someone shows up to buy something they rarely leave without the item. Plus, I know what to expect prior to them showing up.

I guess, once again it's the assholes that ruin things for everyone. No different than everything else in life.

Last edited:

glockman

I hate Jeeps
I wish the entire world was made up of RME people. KSL is awful and buying/selling things to RME members is a pure delight 99% of the time.

zmotorsports

Hardcore Gearhead
It is definitely a thing and I try to meet somewhere as I don't want some stranger coming to my home but I find I stand around waiting for a no-show much of the time. I have selling stuff for this very reason.

Mike.