KTM 300 Database

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
Is there some witchcraft to bleeding the rear brake?

Mine locks up but not until too low a point for my liking.

I only noticed this on my last ride.

I'm using my vacuum brake bleeder on the bleeder nipple and adding fluid to the top of the reservoir with the cap off like I do on a car and it still feels like it's got air in the system

2002maniac

Who would you guys recommend to rebuild a WP PDS rear shock? Not on a 300 (06 525xcw) but this thread seemed like the best place to ask. I like to ride fast desert and tight mountain single track.

Cascadia

Undecided
Who would you guys recommend to rebuild a WP PDS rear shock? Not on a 300 (06 525xcw) but this thread seemed like the best place to ask. I like to ride fast desert and tight mountain single track.
I'd say Jesse at the Dirt Lab. He's done a few of my bikes and several friends. You can lookup Jesse Black on Facebook or just type in the dirt lab in google. It'll come up.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose

Jesse does good work. However, tight mountain single track and high speed desert are 2 different animals. If you want something that will truly perform flawlessly in both those conditions you need to look at doing both the forks and the shock. By only doing one, the bike is going to become unbalanced and performance is going to suffer. I have had Jesse do work for me and have been happy with it. With that said, if I was dealing with a PDS bike I would have it done by NOST suspension. Pete understands how to make a PDS system work.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
What Paul said. I had Jesse do my broken rear shock and didn't have the cash for the forks at the time. It made the forks feel like absolute crap.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Cascadia

Undecided
Took the new bike for a spin today. Did my normal 25ish mile loop with Luke. I couldn't be happier. Best performing bike out of the box I've ridden. Super happy with the suspension and everything about it. It's only got 1.2 hours on it and already had a nice little get off.

I use strava to record my rides. It keeps track of everything and you can also create different segments to work on your times. There is a nasty rock wash I have timed probably 30 times. I had my third fastest time on that segment and it was my first time on the bike and totally stock. So I think that speaks to how good the bike is.

Tonkaman

Took the new bike for a spin today. Did my normal 25ish mile loop with Luke. I couldn't be happier. Best performing bike out of the box I've ridden. Super happy with the suspension and everything about it. It's only got 1.2 hours on it and already had a nice little get off.

I use strava to record my rides. It keeps track of everything and you can also create different segments to work on your times. There is a nasty rock wash I have timed probably 30 times. I had my third fastest time on that segment and it was my first time on the bike and totally stock. So I think that speaks to how good the bike is.

Awesome! This sounds exactly like what you said about your '16 when it was new

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
Tyson, that rocks!
How was jetting? I thought everyone (including that dude from Mesquite) was complaining about the new carb and fuel mileage sucking. It sounds like maybe that was just talk, I'm excited to see how you like racing it this weekend.

Cascadia

Undecided
It sucked the gas big time. Luke started with half a tank. I started full. When we were done he had more gas than me. I'm going to drop the needle one clip and go from a 430 to a 410 main. Hopefully that helps some. It never sputtered but it could be a little more crisp in the mid range and hopefully use a lot less gas.

Derek, I also remember saying that about my '16 but somehow they improved upon it. The motor has a lot less vibration and its butter smooth in any terrain.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
I think Tyson has started an off shoot of NITB Racing. Instead of it being "Not In The Budget", his is called "New In The Box". Are you accepting resume's? My kids are looking for sponsors.

Cascadia

Undecided
I think Tyson has started an off shoot of NITB Racing. Instead of it being "Not In The Budget", his is called "New In The Box". Are you accepting resume's? My kids are looking for sponsors.
I'm accepting applications but as soon as Stoney is old enough to race competitively my budget is going right out the window.

Cascadia

Undecided
I'm going on a ride later today with Von Luke and Sam. I rejetted last night. My bike stock had a 430 main 37.5 pilot, and 44-73 needle in the third position. I changed it to 420 main, 35 pilot, and 43-37 needle in third position. Hopefully it helps with consuming gas and smooths out my mid throttle some.

rholbrook

I need to change my fork seals and I can't find my spec sheet from Still Performance to let me know what oil weight and CCs they put in my forks when they did my suspension. I have a call into them so hopefully they can find it. If not, what are you all running as far as oil weight and volumn?

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
I have always run 5 wt and run the factory specified volume. Off the top of my head, I cannot recall what it was on the Closed Chamber fork. As a side note, Pete who does the suspension on Jack's bikes uses a mixture of 75% 5 wt and 25% ATF. He says the final weight is around 6.5 and the detergents keep the components cleaner.