KTM 300 Database

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
So...

My boss ordered me a Lectron for my Christmas bonus. It was ordered of Amazon

He got me the 38 mm high velocity version.

I haven’t had time to do anything but install it.

I am not having the luck of most. The bike did not want to start at all. It took a long long time to get it running. After it started it sounded good and is actually idling for the first time since I’ve owned it. It also started way easy while warm.

After sitting a day, it did not want to start again. But same, as soon as it did it seems to be fine.

Hopefully I will have some time this week to mess with it again.

ChestonScout

So after getting a little ride in, I’m pretty happy with the lectron. Bike is running way better than it ever has. More power as well.

My starter motor is on the fritz now. It doesn’t spin fast enough to start but one kick and it fires.

Kind of a bummer

Sounds like no one is having much luck with the cheaper 410 watt units. Work really well for a year at most then crap out.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
What are the cool kids running for 2 stroke oil? I have had a 17 year committed relationship with Ipone. It has become harder and harder to get, so I usually purchase a couple years worth at a time. I just ran out. I haven't looked too hard, but what I can find has become super expensive, and then is double to have it shipped. I really have like it. It's been good oil, and I often get comments about the great smell.

I have thought about switching in the past, but every time I decide on an oil, I meet someone who runs it, and it stinks.

I know that I don't mind the smell of Klotz. However, I don't think I should be purchasing an oil based on smell.. The smell was just an added feature to what I think is a great oil with ipone.
I am leaning towards Amsoil. They are a continual supporter of the Salt Lake off-road expo. Their price seems good as well.

I know oils is like asking for a tire recommendation.. but I need some direction.

Thanks!

ChestonScout

Motorex full synthetic here No complaints but will be switching to amsoil dominator next. It does seem to burn a little cleaner with a little less smell

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
Thanks guys. I ended up picking the dominator. The decision mostly came down to price and availability.

After today’s ride, I am 110% sure that I have destroyed my front bib. I won’t be able to race with it in mesquite.
I figure I’ll do a new tire while I am at it.
Any special preference on tire? I put the kenda on the rear, and have been mostly happy with it.. but it didn’t stand out as amazing to me. Is the kenda front worth using?

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
Parker DT is my favorite desert tire for the rear. Has good traction through its entire life in almost all terrain in Utah and holds up well. For the front I always ran a Millville II. Before our kenda sponsorship i ran the Bridgeestone X30

Tonkaman

Thanks guys. I ended up picking the dominator. The decision mostly came down to price and availability.

After today’s ride, I am 110% sure that I have destroyed my front bib. I won’t be able to race with it in mesquite.
I figure I’ll do a new tire while I am at it.
Any special preference on tire? I put the kenda on the rear, and have been mostly happy with it.. but it didn’t stand out as amazing to me. Is the kenda front worth using?
Where are you getting the amsoil? I’ve never used it because I hate trying to find it.

ChestonScout

They have it on the shelf. Bought some last week too.

I THINK amsoil is weird about online mail order from any company. You may have to call them to order it.