KTM 300 Database

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
Top end went back together today. So far so good. Starts easier than it ever has and has a more poppy noise to it now. Hopefully get it out this weekend for a little run.

The compression difference is definitely noticeable in the kick starter.

Happy 4th!!

Edit....

Bike has 247 hours on it today...for my records. :)

rholbrook

I picked up a brand new OX Left Hand brake that is called the Hydra. I at one point a couple of years ago bought a Rekluse LH brake that kept loosing pressurization so I went searching for a replacement. I came across the OX LH brake that was a cable break. I love it. It worked perfectly for me. I got a call from Chuck the owner stating that he had a new design that was hydraulic and self contained. I told him I needed it and told me he needed my help to get the right length of hose for a pre-2016 KTM so he sent it to me with extra tubing and I had to install it, cut the tubing and then put it together and bleed the brake.

What is really cool with this new brake is it comes already bled and all you need to do is install it and with one finger, you can lock up the rear brake. It replaces the pushrod on your rear brake

Tonkaman

I picked up a brand new OX Left Hand brake that is called the Hydra. I at one point a couple of years ago bought a Rekluse LH brake that kept loosing pressurization so I went searching for a replacement. I came across the OX LH brake that was a cable break. I love it. It worked perfectly for me. I got a call from Chuck the owner stating that he had a new design that was hydraulic and self contained. I told him I needed it and told me he needed my help to get the right length of hose for a pre-2016 KTM so he sent it to me with extra tubing and I had to install it, cut the tubing and then put it together and bleed the brake.

What is really cool with this new brake is it comes already bled and all you need to do is install it and with one finger, you can lock up the rear brake. It replaces the pushrod on your rear brake

View attachment 120756View attachment 120757View attachment 120758View attachment 120759
No way! I really dig that

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
That's interesting! Give feedback after you run them please.
Jacks teammates have been running them the last couple of races and they like them. Can tune the stiffness based on how many you leave out. I left 2 out of the rear and will probably do the same on the front. They seem to hold up better than the Nitromousse.

It was a bit more challenging to mount the tire than a regular mousse and that is even using a Rabaconda

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
I’m surprised you’re still rocking the NOST suspension. I haven’t thought about them for a while

Well, it still works well. I've really had no complaints about the quality. In fact I just went through the whole suspension and did new bushings, air seal and oil seals a few days ago prepping this for sale and all his stuff looked really good still.

20230417_180009.jpg20230417_192603.jpg20230417_192608.jpg20230417_192619.jpg20230417_193212.jpg

I did AlpineXC cones in my new 2023

Tonkaman

Pete pretty much disappeared after moving to TN. Either he has deleted all his social media or he has been banned from all platforms.
He kinda just dropped off the radar. I had him do some suspension a couple times and then one day he just stopped answering the phone. Kinda odd.

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
88hrs (of mostly racing) on a top end is right at the end of the line on the new TBI bikes.
20240314_105937.jpg
I was down on power at the end of Rhino Rally.
20240314_104530.jpg
Pretty easy now with the electronic power valve- there's no more power valve linkage to adjust. Just hold the throttle at 50%, plug in the dongle and the PV adjusts itself. The PV was very very clean with Red Line and Amsoil Dominator.

20240314_175223.jpg

Ended up with a .2 & .4 stacked to .6 total base gasket and 1.91-1.92 squish. Plenty safe.

20240314_110145.jpg

Beware though. New Vertex rings on these new bikes are gapped too tight at between .2 & .25 you'll need to hand file them out to like .3 or risk ring related failure.

New top end and all is right in the world. Bike runs very very good, (well enough to get my old bum to second in the Knolls Sprint Enduro over the weekend.) Best bike I've ever had.

Last edited: