KX 250 project...

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
So I spoke to the rebuilder and they said it was set this way for more lubrication on the lower rod bearing--so no worries run it and it will be just fine. They said I could send it back and they'd adjust it to the manuals specs if I'd feel more comfortable doing that..

I dunno CWI is one of the most reputable crank rebuilders in the country. If they say it's good I think I'll run it.. it's less than a half mm out.. :-\

Last edited:

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
Did they offer any guarantee that it wouldn't go sideways and wipe out the crank bearings or bang a piston skirt into the cylinder? .5 mm could ad up to some angle at the end of the rod. I might do some measuring and maths to figure out some angle just to reassure myself... but I've been known to overthink things... often... lol You might be just fine. I often don't know one end of the bike from the other.

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
Starting to look like a bike again. I went with black on the frame I'm hoping I don't regret it. Not sure what route I'll go for tires but for now it'll have a trials rear.

IMG_5049_zpsw8be1qno.jpg

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust

Funny you ask I actually sold it yesterday :-\ Lots of mixed feelings about it and I lost a lot of money in the long run but it needed to go for a number of reasons.

I did pick up a 2010 Husqvarna TE510 that I am completely in love with. I'd post some pics but you know.. Photo Bucket and all that nonsense :mad: