Labor Day weekend------Rattlesnake & Con

jp008

Cool:D The more the merrier. We will be camped just before the entrance to R/S in the cedars on the left hand side of the road. We went up there tonight to scope things out and I was very happy to see the changes in the trial. I had not been there since Nov 2001. WOW what a difference. I can see what you people were talking about with the rocks on the trail etc........I like it. I was however I was dissapointed in the amount of trash there was. Not on the trail itself but where people had been camping. We will be taking trash bags with us and picking up after the a-holes that left all that crap.

We only walked to the 1st waterfall and found a few beer cans etc... Those are now sitting in my wifes truck:D

OT: Count me in on the 20th of next month for the clean-up.

PS. The totally stock S-15 Jimmy made it to the 1st set of rocks:rolleyes:

I hope to see some RME'ers there this weekend.

Holy Sh.....crap, When did the HUGE spiders move in? We had to stop while a Tarantula crossed the road. It measured roughly 5-6" across:eek: Damn that was a big hairy thing.

bb88

New Title
Originally posted by SAMI
whoa! raincheck on the RS for me............i hate spiders

eeeeeewwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!
ahhh come on just go!!! the spider wasn't that big and once we threw him one of the kids it left us alone!!

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
yall know I am a damned sissy when it comes to spiders...I also know that there are desert wasps out there that take out those tarantulas....and HAUL THEM AWAY!! BIG ASS WASPS.....maybe I will leave the doors on and windows rolled up....

Kris K

4x4 Addict!
Originally posted by spencurai
yall know I am a damned sissy when it comes to spiders...I also know that there are desert wasps out there that take out those tarantulas....and HAUL THEM AWAY!! BIG ASS WASPS.....maybe I will leave the doors on and windows rolled up....

Better take the AK.

jp008

I'm not sure when we are leaving on Monday. ----------- BB88 do you have a certain time you want to leave?

I'm game to stay if you want to come out.

Spence does this mean you will be out there? The more the merrier.

Barley soda not provided during the propane lantern (since fires are not aloud) festivities.

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
gary at big-o was talking about you guys going out there for the whole weekend. I was thinking sometime tomorrow or something..?!?

clarify your schedule, jim and brett are the conspirators so you guys make the decisions!!

jp008

Me and Brett are leaving around noon on Saturday. It all depends on when Brett is ready to go. He is meeting me at my house and then we are leaving. You are welcome to caravan down with us. I live right behind Target in Layton.

chuck

well i would like to join in on this but there is one little problem. I have no clue where these trails are. I have searched and searched on this but I am still confused. So if anyone could help me out with some driving direction and or a map.

jp008

Go to Lehi (Roller Mills exit) head west. When you get to the 4 way stop (Smith's on one corner and Cheveron on the other). Stay headed west and drive and drive and drive until you get to a large parking lot at the top of the hill. It will be on your right hand (north) side. Drive another 3 miles (almost exactly) and you will see a wooden kiosk type sign on the right hand side of the road. It sits off the main road about 30 yards. Turn towards that and follow the Yellow caution tape markers right to our camp spot. If you have any questions my cell phone # is 801-725-5963. We can meet you at the Lehi exit if that makes you feel more comfortable. Just let me know. I am leaving Layton around noonish.

chuck

Thank you for your directions, it is now clear as water to me.

Originally posted by jp008
We can meet you at the Lehi exit if that makes you feel more comfortable. Just let me know. I am leaving Layton around noonish.
And yes it would make me feel more comfortable but it wouldn't work. I will be coming out there sunday. Hope too see you all this weekend.