Lake Mountain Target Shooting Closure

Rusted

Let's Ride!
Supporting Member
That is lame. Using my calibrated eye-ball it appears that if you were 1/8th of a mile (~700 feet) you would be ok to shoot again. Pretty much if you drove up that little mougel hill you would be far enough to shoot again

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
I still would like confirmation whether or not target shooting caused fires. I personally have never seen a fire start from shooting, unless it was intentional. ;) There's a big difference between target shooters starting a fire, and target SHOOTING starting a fire.

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
I still would like confirmation whether or not target shooting caused fires. I personally have never seen a fire start from shooting, unless it was intentional. ;) There's a big difference between target shooters starting a fire, and target SHOOTING starting a fire.

Rereading it I think the big concern might be people not shooting in the correct direction, I know the news had a story a while ago about a nearby house that had bullet holes in it, keep in mind the house is on the East side of the road toward the lake so whoever did it is just a jackass and not accidental. Shut the whole thing down instead of dealing with the liability.

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=21794256&ni...-popular-wasatch-shooting-range&s_cid=queue-3

Last edited:

Caleb

If I had bullet holes in my house, I'd want the same thing.

While I sort of agree, I also have to think that it was the people's choice to move to an area that has always been a shooting range. I know I've been going out to that area since long before there was ever a city called Saratoga Springs and long before there was ever neighborhoods down there. It's kind of like someone moving under a flight path and then wanting the flight path changed, or moving next to a farm and then complaining about the smells.

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
While I sort of agree, I also have to think that it was the people's choice to move to an area that has always been a shooting range. I know I've been going out to that area since long before there was ever a city called Saratoga Springs and long before there was ever neighborhoods down there. It's kind of like someone moving under a flight path and then wanting the flight path changed, or moving next to a farm and then complaining about the smells.

I don't know, they aren't in line of fire unless people are shooting at the lake. Pretty sure shooting to the east across the lake would be a no-no in hunters safety. If the rednecks showed up at Lee Kay and started shooting south it would be a similar situation. I would imagine they would arrest the rednecks instead of shutting down Lee Kay but in an undeveloped area they don't have the people to enforce it so they just shut it down and then arrest/fine anyone they can catch.