Land Cruiser de-evolution

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
This is phenomenal Carl. I didn't see that you mentioned the capacity of the aux tank, what is that? Whats the ballpark cost of the parts?
20 gallons. I think I'm probably between $300 and $350 after all the nickel-and-dime incidentals....but as usual, I didn't keep close track. :)

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Carl, where were you able to source the Apexus switch / gauge?
I can't seem to find one.
I imported it directly from Apexus. As it happens, I actually bought two of them in case I wanted to do something again in the future...so I have one new in the box waiting for you. :)

spaggyroe

Man Flu Survivor
I imported it directly from Apexus. As it happens, I actually bought two of them in case I wanted to do something again in the future...so I have one new in the box waiting for you. :)

Perfect ??
I’ll pick it up when we meet up after the new year.

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
So did you just replace the power steering pump? I'm not sure what typically comes in that box...🙄

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
So did you just replace the power steering pump? I'm not sure what typically comes in that box...🙄

Not the pump, just the steering gear box. Red Head is a rebuilder, that does a couple things nobody else I'm aware of does. All in the name of eliminating slop/play, which is the whole point of this exercise. :)

Looks like a new steering box! I'm curious if I need this same minor upgrade...

This is the second time I've bought from Red Head. I put one of their boxes on my F350, and it behaved beautifully after that--so I did it again this time. It's not the cheapest option for sure, but I think it's one of the best. (and MUCH cheaper than a new Toyota steering box for ~$1600 :oops:)

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Awesome! I've read they are a major upgrade for the OBS and SuperDuty trucks but I've never been able to stomach the price.

Yeah, spending money hurts. :)

But, I look at it like this: While it's one fairly spendy part, it's still less than ONE monthly payment on a newer car. So if it gets me one more month of ownership, I'm coming out ahead. :D (and I expect it to last another 200K miles, which will probably be longer than a month)

Or, as Kurt always tells me, "Buy once, cry once".