Large Events......What's the Draw?

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Ugh... I'm going to Disneyland at the end of the month because my wife and her group of girlfriends really want to go. Not looking forward to the crowds. I was really hoping that the new quota system would make it less of a sea of people, clearly I was wrong.
We went 15 years ago as part of our honeymoon. Thank God you can get alcohol there now.

kmboren

Recovering XJ owner anonymous
I keep wondering why I keep volunteering, and have to agree with Marc and Kevin, it's a way to give back to the sport, share local knowledge, and help educate people in the off road arena. Every year I swear I'm going to cut back on volunteering and do more private wheeling, and then I volunteer again. It must be an addiction. I'm working all 4 days at Winter 4x4, but did cut back to working only 3 of the first 4 days at EJS. I never feel like I get enough wheeling and look forward to hard trails with small capable groups, to just have fun.
I am doing nothing with regard to volunteer work this year. XJ died, YJ is on Jack stands and buggy isn't finished. I get to hang out with Stan and Jeff all 4 days. Going to be a blast. Katelynn is helping with the Lady's Run on Saturday with Susan as a trail leader. It is going to be a fun week. It is WORK to be a trail leader.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Yes. I check out the exits when I enter a building as well as have to be facing the entrance so I can observe the scene.

I don't know if it is my risk avoidance mentality or what it is.

To many Sackett books when we were younger?

Same here. I like to survey the room/environment. I'm sure I'm not as "situationally aware" as I really SHOULD be, but I am higher than the average Joe Schmucatelli

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
I go to events to see people I like.... if we're going wheeling, it's fun to go do things with other people that like those things too, but then, it's usually small groups, like 5 rigs or something. I've never signed up for a group ride and probably never will. USUALLY I'm doing something at big events anyway though, so, I'm already there. EJS, I really only go for the vendors' show.