Gear / Accessories Le Rock Wok DIY

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
I ordered the bayou plate from Wayfair and the rope bag from tack wholesale because I wanted red. Carl is working on the thing so hopefully the shipments get here in time for my trip. It'll give me some time to try and find the burner or I'll just go get a new one.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
The legs that come with it will work if you want to use them, just make an extension for them... I think if I did it again, I'd make some tube legs that slide over the stainless legs to make it sit taller. You end up with more parts but if you have a bag it's easy to manage... also gives you the option to make shorter legs to slide on if you want to just have it on a table top but still clear the propane bottle.

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Supporting Member
The whole fancy hanger thing is sexy as hell, but what about just making the legs the right length to set the propane stove on the ground underneath it?

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
I picked up my cut out on Saturday from Carl. It looks like my bayou might not arrive until the Tuesday I'm supposed to leave for Palisades though.

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
The no weld not skottle.

IMG_20200718_173043.jpg

IMG_20200718_173137.jpg

The plate came today so all I did was place the Carl cutout piece over the burner then I screwed in the legs. The rake on the legs keep the plate from dropping more than about 1/2-3/4". Then I had some extra electrical conduit so I cut 3 down to 39" to check size. I think it's a little tall but it's close. It wiggles a bit as well but for what it is works fine.

Thanks for the idea and the leg work. Also, I thought the rope bag would be way too big but ended up about perfect. I can out basically everything in the bag which is nice to have everything together.