Leaf reliefs

rustybronco

Flat Land Offroader
Anybody know a good source for these "leaf reliefs"? And has anybody used them? Liked them? Disliked them? Made their own? If you look close this guys driver side leaf is arched up.

Milner

formerly "rckcrlr"
You can have mine after I cut them off. They SUCK.
I hated them, ended up having to put poly pushings back in the springs and put a poly bump stop on the out side of each rocker just to keep the axle from swinging all over the place.

I assume you have an EB? If so, you can use YJ frt shackle bushings in your rear springs. The are a syn rubber stuff, lets the springs flex/twist great.

demon jeep

Banned
The guys at you favorite place (mepco) said they worked ok but on road really sucked so you would have to put a pin in to make them solid or you can just buy a jeep:D

EZRhino

KalishnaKitty
Kinda funny, we just had a discussion on another list about this type of stuff(revolvers, etc.) In theory it should work, but like Mr. Bryson said, it's like adding a wobbly spacer block to your springs, increasing axle wrap, etc. As cool as they seem, I find that the closer you are to the KISS rule, the better you are in the long run. No gimmicks!

EZ

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Originally posted by EZRhino
I find that the closer you are to the KISS rule, the better you are in the long run. No gimmicks!

EZ

Exactally! Gimmicks make you look Cool in the parking lot, but they make you a Fool on the trail.... *Speaking from experience*

I have always been a fan of the KISS principle, too!