Leaf spring clunk/pop when turning

lenny

formerly known as PokeyYJ
I am trying to figure out a way to stop my front leaf spring from popping when I turn the steering wheel. The leaf pack is twisting and hitting the leaf spring clamps and it's driving me nuts! I've tried torquing my ubolts and tried to get the spring clamps tighter but so far nothing works. Any thoughts?

Brian P

Misanthropic Fuel
One was broken after we ran the Rubicon and another was so worn/rusty from 40 years of use.
If it's the pin, from what I remember, there are two pin sizes and you cut it to length after you get it bolted together, again, IIRC.

lenny

formerly known as PokeyYJ
Took apart my front spring pack today. Needed to put in a 2 degree castor shim in anyways. No broken center pin. Reassembled and torqued everything down, still clunks. I'm thinking that the spring clamps do not effectively hold the spring pack together laterally. Going to have to research a solution

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
My F350 would do this, I just put some grease on the leaf spring to make it a smooth slide instead of a popping. (If I understand your problem right)

Chevycrew

Make sure the ubolts are tight to the sides of the springs. If not you can put tube over the ubolts to take up the slack.