Leaking Cowl

Underdog

I have a '98 wrangler and it has developed a nasty leak, i think thrugh the heater/AC intake onfront of the windsheild. The water acumulates along the passenger side flor. The water is dripping from the blower and on to the floor mat. I think it is also seeping in along the firewall 'cause the carped gets soaked before the rubber mat has too much water accumulated. Has anyone seen this before? Is there an easy fix? :confused:

bobdog

4x4 Addict!
CJs and YJs have that problem, You would think they would have taken care of it by 98. Check to make sure the drain that drains the intake on the cowl is clear and pull the grill off of it and check for cracks(if they are the same design as a CJ/YJ I have never noticed) Have you folded down your windshield? They never seal right after you do.

EZRhino

KalishnaKitty
I had a similar problem. I replaced the rubber seal with a new one that seals between the windshield and cowl where if folds down. Then I siliconed the windshield rubber all the way around the glass, on both the glass side and the frame side of the rubber seal, if that makes sense. It seemed to do the trick.

EZ

demon jeep

Banned
I got mine fixed befor that started I can not remeber what the dealer ship did but it i common in 98-99 tjs call yor dealer out there in the east and have them fix it it is not bad to do ...

How thing on the east coast And yes I still owe you money it will be soon trust me:D Im poor

Underdog

Found the leak and got it fixed. If you remove the cowl cover the intake for the heat/ac is over the pasenger side seat. There is a foam seal that can cause leaking if not positioned correctley. The reasion is there is only a small metal lip that is suposed to prevent warter from running down into the heater. I reposiioined the seal and Used DUCT TAPE to create a larger "dam" for the water to flow around.