Leaky Rim

03rubicon

What is the best way to fix a leaky rim? I have a champion beadlock that i can't get to quit leaking. It's not around where the beadlock was welded on but in the middle, there is like little pin holes all around the middle of it. I have tried to silicone it and it slowed it down alot but it still leaks. This rim came like this when i bought it, I would just send it back but I was pretty rude to the company when they wouldn't replace it so i doubt they would help, and It has been over a year and I just have to keep airing it up every few days. Is there anything I can do besides buy a new wheel?

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Would a layer of JB Weld over the holes stop it? It would be more solid than silicone.

I'd try working something out with Champion, that should fall under a manufacturers defect, which they should warranty. That's a very dangerous issue.

yellowbronco

Cuts Through Grease !!!
I had a wheel with some pitting that leaked, didn't even know it until I had a flat and was using my favorite remedy (Fix-a-flat) and noticed stuff coming out of the wheel!!! Anyway, the Fix-a-flat did seal it up. Another temporary option.

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
I had this happen once on a brand new wheel that I dyi beadlocked. I broke the tire down three times before I figured out that it was a pinhole in the middle of the wheel. I had the tire dismounted and cleaned up the inside and spot welded right over the pinhole. problem solved.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
From the looks of it, and knowing Champion wheels, he probably has aluminum wheels... not that you can't weld aluminum, but most garage-monkeys don't have that ability. I suppose you could take the wheel to a machine shop and have them weld it, but I'd have it warrantied before taking it that far.

03rubicon

Yeah I'll try the jb weld there are a few different pin holes, temp. fix. I'm think I'm just going to need to break down and get another rim.