Learning to TIG: How to?

SoopaHick

Certified Weld Judger
If you're hard on your equipment beware of the basic flex head... or at the very least don't flex it too hard... We have slowly been replacing all of ours back to rigid heads because for some reason people don't think they flex enough and keep snapping the copper coil. We run all air cooled CK26 torches.

zmotorsports

Hardcore Gearhead
Vendor
If you're hard on your equipment beware of the basic flex head... or at the very least don't flex it too hard... We have slowly been replacing all of ours back to rigid heads because for some reason people don't think they flex enough and keep snapping the copper coil. We run all air cooled CK26 torches.

Agreed. If you are hard on stuff don't get the standard flex head torch as they do require some finesse when repositioning. I had my Weldcraft flex head for 15+ years in my home shop and never had a problem but we changed the one at work about 5 times in just a couple of years until I said enough and went back to a rigid head torch for the work TIG machine. The crew was just too damn hard on it and forced it well beyond its limits, repeatedly.