LED Headlights

Omgbecki

Hey guys. I'm a little late to this upgrade. Just wondering if anyone is using any of the cheaper brand Led lights like Sunpie or such? Looking for some local thoughts. I'm looking at some in the 100-150 range. Yes I know there is really good ones above that but I only have so much I'm willing to give for this upgrade. I can't really see spending 200+ on headlights. Also wondering I know these lights are bright to look at but what about actual visibility? It would be awesome if someone had some and I could sit behind the wheel to compare to my KC upgraded lights. Thanks guys

Kevin B.

Big hippy
I put these in my truck recently and I'm very happy with them. The pattern is just like stock, but with twice the light. Its been a couple months and have yet to have anyone flash me, so the low-beam cutoff must be pretty good.
https://headlightrevolution.com/200...eam-led-headlight-bulbs-upgrade-supernova-v3/

this demo sold me on them
I checked those out, looks like the don't have any for me. I'm stuck with my old junk unless I want to retrofit, and I don't want to mess with that.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I dropped some LED bulbs from Super Bright LED's into my fog light housings on my VW Jetta and they seem to provide close to 3-4x more light. The stock fog light bulbs were hardly noticable, the LED's really add to the lighting around the front of the car where the headlights over shot. I've been very happy with them.

Omgbecki

Omgbecki

My one gripe is almost all led bulbs don't have a warming feature so iced over lenses still suck even if you've got a hundred million candle power bulbs

Yeah. I've asked a few companies about this problem and haven't gotten any answers back

MikeGyver

UtahWeld.com
LED headlight bulb swaps are only for projector housings. If you put them in normal halogen housings you will blind on coming traffic.
LED's are way the hell brighter so even a slightly soft cutoff line is way too much light.

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Supporting Member
Not true any more. Chipscale LED's allow manufacturers to put the LED in the same physical location as the filament of a halogen bulb.
My LEDs replace the stock H13 bulbs in my non-projector housing and the cut-off for the low beams is the same as the stock bulbs, but I get twice the light. (the video I linked to above demonstrates this)
For anecdotal evidence, I've had mine in for 2 months and have never been flashed by oncoming traffic.

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
So do I need to start flashing oncoming traffic when I'm blinded? I figured the people that had changed out their headlights just didn't care about traffic going the other way. It's frustrating to me because I have pretty sensitive eyes.