LED Shop Lighting

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Here's my change with the Lights of America LED's....

Before-
10151201_10153590946167746_4923516598334707323_n.jpg

After-
shoplights.jpg

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
One of my LED shop lights quit working... :confused: Hopefully all the others don't follow. Anyone else had one of these quit working?

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
I've got three of the 4' units from costco. Two in the garage and one in my basement. They are still doing awesome and I plan to add a bunch more when I see them go on sale again.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
Summit has recently installed a few of these as test cases, and they're BRIGHT AS HELL, that's all I have to say so far. Much brighter than the fluorescent deals they replace

DaveB

Long Jeep Fan
I have been wanting to take out the florescent fixtures in my garage but after reading many of the Amazon reviews it seems that some number of these fail. So far Greg seems to be the only one here that has been unlucky so I may still pick some up.

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
I've had pretty good luck with mine. A couple of the lamps failed within the first month or so, and one would flash on and off anytime my compressor ran so those got changed out PDQ. In the two years since I installed these, I've replaced maybe four bulbs so the 50,000 hour claim is completely bogus. I run my lights A LOT, I'd estimate 6-7000 hours since the install. The energy savings is holding true at $10-$15 a month, so well worth the investment to me.

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Supporting Member
I've had six of the Costco lights in a 2-car bay for over a year and love them. Lots of light, instant on, and no temperature issues.
The one above where I'm standing to take the picture stays on 24-7. I bought these when Costco was changing brands (exact same lights, different name) and had them marked down to $15. I have another 5-6 in my wife's quilting area.

20180202_183026.jpg

Last edited:

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
So you guys are buying the full units or just replacing the cfl bulbs with led?
I'm considering going full led in my shop too.

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Supporting Member
Mine are all new fixtures and the leds are built into the fixture.
There are newer fixtures available now that can be chained together which would have made the wiring easier.
I screwed mine to the ceiling (eye screws that is) but if I were to do it again, I'd hang them on a taught cable strung between two eye screws in opposing walls

Last edited:
Full fixtures. I bought about 10 of them from Costco last year when they were on sale. Finally installed a few over the weekend to work on a project. I really like the result. We didn't even notice the sun went down it was so bright in the garage!