Let’s talk branded titles

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
Seeing that inspection report is pretty neat.
He reports frame damage and a pull to the right.

Not a deal killer but may be a strong negotiation piece.
And happy I know where to look

BUT...

im heading to Idaho for a dirt bike trip. Have to see if it’s still around when I get back. Won’t be heartbroken if it’s not

ChestonScout

Update

I’ve been texting them. For whatever reason I haven’t been able to shake wanting this truck

So today we went and drove it.
I was told the fuel tank, frame damage and pull to the right have been addressed.

open the door and about got knocked down with smoker smell. BAD. Tank is still smashed. Not sure how it’s not leaking. Drove it. Sure enough it pulls to the right.

in the pics it looks like window was busted out and the interior had been wet

pulled out the passenger seat belt. It’s moldy

my wife was completely disgusted and was totally wanting out of the truck to walk back.

good news is the desire is gone. 😂

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
Update

I’ve been texting them. For whatever reason I haven’t been able to shake wanting this truck

I was told the fuel tank, frame damage and pull to the right have been addressed.

open the door and about got knocked down with smoker smell. BAD. Tank is still smashed. Not sure how it’s not leaking. Drove it. Sure enough it pulls to the right.

my wife was completely disgusted and was totally wanting out of the truck to walk back.

I am glad you actually went to look at it. Now instead of always wishing you had, and thinking you missed a good deal... you know you don't even want it.

ChestonScout

I am glad you actually went to look at it. Now instead of always wishing you had, and thinking you missed a good deal... you know you don't even want it.
Yup. When we pulled in there were guys looking at it. Salesman said he wanted to buy but needed a co signer I guess.
I don’t understand how anyone would be comfortable paying that much money for yuck

Corban_White

Update

That's pretty much what's happened to me every time I've looked at cars with branded titles. I finally stopped looking at them.

ChestonScout

This could be a good option

My boss put gas in his 6.7 and ran it. (On the phone while fueling up 😂)

it was roughly 12k to replace the fuel system. I would imagine this would be about the same?

pretty interesting tho. I’m going to watch it.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
Text them today with an offer for 40k. Stating all the problems and concerns and that I was taking a big risk for only checking the truck out for a few minutes

they said the truck had been sold this morning

Crazy!

It was listed for $35K.. Why did you offer $40??