Lets all plan a dirt bike ride this year

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
For starters I was thinking that because we have a decent sized dirtbike group here we should all get together and figure out a ride for this spring/summer/fall for some single track action!

Not sure where to go at this point, but there is enough riding in my area to last months on end although northern Utah is a bit of a drive for most of you. I'm just wanting to get some ideas so if anyone is interested and has some ideas post up! I like the technical stuff and I'm limited to off-road only. How fun would it be to camp out and ride for a day or three?! :greg:

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
When things thaw out, I would be more than willing to guide a group through Dick Brass trail system around Temple Mountain.

Anybody up for the 5 Miles of Hell?

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
That could definitely be fun! The snow usually melts by late July up there? Then it gets cold again by August? :rofl:

Caleb

I'd love to go for a ride up north. I've never done any kind of exploring up north so that could be quite fun.

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
Great! Sounds like we should plan a trip to 5MOH. When is a good time to ride there (probably right NOW! :D)? I'm guessing as late as June would be on the warm side--what do you think?

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
Right now there is still about 8-10 inches of snow on the ground in the swell. I honestly believe it is going to be mid to late April before the trials at Temple Mountain are open. Before I take anybody on the 5MOH, it would be best to take you through the Red trail or the Waterfall trail. If you can make it through those without a problem, then the 5MOH is doable. I guess you could say that the 5 MOH is like the Pritchet Canyon of the Swell.

Here are a youtube video of the 5MOH.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjTVFsmawOo