Let's play a game: What's missing in this photo?

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
And the locating washer

All 4 are missing. This is on my ma's jeep. They were saying that it just keeps getting worse and worse behavior on the road. The dealer that put the mopar lift on done screwed up. That castor is proababy near zero deg now. :mad:

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Did they actually punch out the tabs? The Mopar lift would have instructed them to punch out the tabs and install eccentric bolts/washers. Either way, it's a sloppy design from the factory. Get the weld on washers from PolyPerformance and upgrade to adjustable lower arms.

https://www.polyperformance.com/synergy-jeep-jk-cam-bolt-eliminator-kit-8014

Are there tabs in there keeping it center? It doesn’t look like there are but maybe. These new Jeep’s are confusing

Trate D

No factory tabs, thats how they come. On the mopar kit they should have opened the holes up and installed eccentrics. What’s more confusing is why Jeep made square holes for round bolts....

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Ok this is starting to make sense. Factory they don’t come with the eccentric washers and they need to be added to correct castor when lifted, right?

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Ok this is starting to make sense. Factory they don’t come with the eccentric washers and they need to be added to correct castor when lifted, right?
Yeah, sorta. So the holes are really squares (squoles?) that have a perforated square on either side of the squoles. You knock out one of the squoles when you install a lift. This gives you a slot, rather than a squole. Now you add eccentric bolt dealios and you got yourself an unreliable way to pseudo adjust caster. Let me see if I can Google a picture lesson here...