Let's talk about the Biden family problem.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
I'm voting Yeezy 2020, so whatever. But I've found it curious through this election cycle that people hate Trump. Like blind rage, frothing at the mouth hate. But all the stuff that they hate him for is the exact same stuff that Biden has been doing for 47 years in public office. Soooo... If you're a single issue "social" justice voter, how is voting for Biden going to make you sleep better at night? He just doesn't know how to use Tweeter, so you don't get a window into his demented soul?

Brad

The artist formerly known as Redrock5.9
I think there needs to be some context there. A three second video of him reading from a piece of paper, likely quoting someone else, tells me nothing.
It's exactly that...quoting someone else. Not exactly tactful when looked at through the lens of modern modicum, but far different than his own use of the word.

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
I'm voting Yeezy 2020, so whatever. But I've found it curious through this election cycle that people hate Trump. Like blind rage, frothing at the mouth hate. But all the stuff that they hate him for is the exact same stuff that Biden has been doing for 47 years in public office. Soooo... If you're a single issue "social" justice voter, how is voting for Biden going to make you sleep better at night? He just doesn't know how to use Tweeter, so you don't get a window into his demented soul?
Voting for Kayne is like voting 3 times! The Democrats claim a vote for him is like voting for Trump, the Republicans claim a vote for Kayne is like a vote for Biden, and then you really just voted for Kayne... :D

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
And to add to this, when people do add context they're called fascist lovers, mindless, racist asshole, soulless creep, dirtbag, no better than Trump, grandma killer, and so on. Well, those have just been the ones lobbied at me, and I've looked into both sides. Oh, and terrible father, garbage human, and blind to God. Hahaha oh and conspiracy theorist.

But, I'm betting not one of them took the time to click the link and read or watch to get a piece of the whole story.

Exactly.
Here’s some context from 3 years ago and yet “Trump racist” still gets played every day 😆

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Miles Guo is an interesting guy. He's spent a lot of his life fighting the CCP, even doing time there. I watched a mini docu on him not too long ago. He ended up going into realestate venture capital after getting out of the CCP prison and made a fortune to which he's now using to fight the CCP again... and he's also behind a lot of the Hunter leaks that are getting posted. As in, they have a copy of everything.

Pike2350

The 2 party system is what is going to hurt this country long term. I see this election not much different then 2016. Instead of voting for Trump because he was good/qualified/ even a remotely good human being people were voting against Hillary.

I will vote Biden this year only because Trump is a pompus asshole and this election is too close to not vote the lesser of 2 evils....normally I "throw my vote away" on the Libertarian candidate He has done very little to help this country. I honestly feel he is one of the slimiest politicians that has ever been. I feel he's a scheming shitty person with little redeeming value. He is a serial bankruptee....numerous failed businesses (many successfulish) he has done little but benefitted himself and his family. He is a spoiled child that throws a fit and blames e everyone else. His tax return delay (while I hate he paid so little in taxes I understand the shitty tax laws in this country) he was so reluctant to release them because he knew he is a POS and would look bad for it. My rant on Trump. Who else can hire so many "losers"? Pretty much every person that has left or been fired in his administration is now a loser. Well he picked them so either he is really stupid and doesnt know how to run things(probably true) or he jumps out in front trying to discredit them before they can dish on him. That's his playbook and that is not someone I want running and leading our country.

I feel almost every election I can remember is. O longer a vote FOR someone...but a vote AGAINST someone else.

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
The 2 party system is what is going to hurt this country long term.

I heard an interesting commentary on difference between the 2 party system and a parliamentary system as in the UK.

Essentially, and I'm paraphrasing here -
in a parliamentary system, you WILL have a REAL Nazi party. Eventually, there will be a situation where other parties need to make coalition with them to get something passed. Once they are included in a coalition that brings some legislation that people like, they begin to grow. Soon you have an actual Nazi party with a real impact on legislation.
<<end paraphrasing>>

I've tended to agree with you that 2 parties is an issue. Hearing that podcast, it makes me re-think. Am I completely convinced that the 2 party system is the right solution? Hey, I still don't know, but that podcast I heard the other day really made me think.

Trate D

The 2 party system is what is going to hurt this country long term. I see this election not much different then 2016. Instead of voting for Trump because he was good/qualified/ even a remotely good human being people were voting against Hillary.

I will vote Biden this year only because Trump is a pompus asshole and this election is too close to not vote the lesser of 2 evils....normally I "throw my vote away" on the Libertarian candidate He has done very little to help this country. I honestly feel he is one of the slimiest politicians that has ever been. I feel he's a scheming shitty person with little redeeming value. He is a serial bankruptee....numerous failed businesses (many successfulish) he has done little but benefitted himself and his family. He is a spoiled child that throws a fit and blames e everyone else. His tax return delay (while I hate he paid so little in taxes I understand the shitty tax laws in this country) he was so reluctant to release them because he knew he is a POS and would look bad for it. My rant on Trump. Who else can hire so many "losers"? Pretty much every person that has left or been fired in his administration is now a loser. Well he picked them so either he is really stupid and doesnt know how to run things(probably true) or he jumps out in front trying to discredit them before they can dish on him. That's his playbook and that is not someone I want running and leading our country.

I feel almost every election I can remember is. O longer a vote FOR someone...but a vote AGAINST someone else.
Now do Biden’s past 47 years of contribution’s....

If he’s had solutions to issues where have they been? I like the recent statement “You don’t hire a coach with a 47 year losing streak to coach the super bowl winning team.”

Last edited:

Pike2350

Now do Biden’s past 47 years of contribution’s....

If he’s had solutions to issues where have they been? I like the recent statement “You don’t hire a coach with a 47 year losing streak to coach the super bowl winning team.”
While I dont lime Biden much either....arguing that is kind of a bad analogy. He is 1 of 100 senators. That's not the easiest way to get a "winning record" when he has not always been on a majority sized team.

Is he great? Not at all but I personally feel he's better then Trump at this point in time.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
I personally feel he's better then Trump at this point in time.

Here's how it boils down for me.. Which items am I concerned with?
Which one is LESS likely to take more of my money?
Which one is LESS likely to take away my guns?
Which one is LESS likely to take away access to public land?
Which one is LESS likely to keep me earning money?

In each of those, it goes to Trump

If I was more concerned about which one would let me pee in whatever bathroom I wanted, which one would take away my personal responsibility to repay things I borrow money for, which one I think would let me take the easy road in life.. Then I would go Biden.

Trate D

While I dont lime Biden much either....arguing that is kind of a bad analogy. He is 1 of 100 senators. That's not the easiest way to get a "winning record" when he has not always been on a majority sized team.

Is he great? Not at all but I personally feel he's better then Trump at this point in time.
I agree on the senator situation, however he had 8 un-interrupted years as VP and I still feel there was a lack of action. Imagine if trump could focus on the job and not constantly have to fight some sort of bs from the media and or democrat accusations. I have to agree that on a person to person level trumps social skills need work. But I like to vote for constitutional rights and freedoms. I personally believe I have better luck and retaining those items under trump administration. I feel most who hate trump voice the hate but don’t voice why the other candidate will be better.

I feel that’s how everyone should vote. And if that’s how you feel with your choice then good on you.

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
I hear orange man bad a lot, usually something word of mouth back in the 80s, I struggle to find something in the last 3 years I've disagreed with enough to vote him out. I hear all about Trump said x on Twitter, heard it so much that I joined twitter just to read them directly vs have someone tell me what offensive thing he supposedly said. I got to say my views of what he says on Twitter must have been tainted by years of forum use because I think he's pretty boring and hardly as outlandish as I was expecting. I watched the impeachment hearings back when they were going on, I was more offended by the democrats running the show than anything they said Trump did. I watched the Barr clown show a few months back, heard "I reclaim my time" so many times if I were Barr I'd leave until they are actually ready to ask a question vs stand on the soap box and moan. It's pissed me off enough I look at my congressman and question if he's helping these idiots. He voted for impeachment, does he gain or loose my vote on that? If you read Biden's gun plan https://joebiden.com/gunsafety/ will he vote against it?

I struggle with Biden, too much when I'm president I'll fix it, not enough I would do this. His corona plan? https://joebiden.com/covid19/
Key points
"More testing". I believe anyone wanting a test already gets one.
"Fix personal protective equipment (PPE) problems for good." Is there a PPE problem still? Or has the issue been resolved? Not aware of this being an issue still.
"Provide clear, consistent, evidence-based national guidance for how communities should navigate the pandemic — and the resources for schools, small businesses, and families to make it through." - complete BS, I would prefer local state or county direction vs a one size fits none approach.
"Plan for the effective, equitable distribution of treatments and vaccines because discovering isn’t enough if they get distributed like Trump’s testing and PPE fiascos." - back to more orange man bad without saying how he would fix it.
"Protect Older Americans and Others at High Risk." - what we should have done to begin with and what Trump has already said we should do but gets criticism for.
"Rebuild and expand the defenses that Trump has dismantled to predict, prevent, and mitigate pandemic threats, including those coming from China." - basically rejoin the WHO and spend $$$ on more government agencies.
"Implement mask mandates nationwide by working with governors and mayors and by asking the American people to do what they do best: step up in a time of crisis." - forced mask use, there was even a comment in one of his rallies about required in any government building or interstate. Yep driving my car by myself and wearing a mask on the interstate because Joe says it's going to help...

Pike2350

Here's how it boils down for me.. Which items am I concerned with?
Which one is LESS likely to take more of my money?
Which one is LESS likely to take away my guns?
Which one is LESS likely to take away access to public land?
Which one is LESS likely to keep me earning money?

In each of those, it goes to Trump

If I was more concerned about which one would let me pee in whatever bathroom I wanted, which one would take away my personal responsibility to repay things I borrow money for, which one I think would let me take the easy road in life.. Then I would go Biden.
This is the kind of argument I hate.....from both sides. They go to the extremes or niche arguments about the opponent. If those were your only criteria then sure.....Biden. but the argument implies that is sl they're about.

As for VP...... name something ANY VP accomplishes? What has/ will Pence accomplish?.

As for the other stuff about Trump v Biden.....i agree with you there....but I feel Biden won't do any of those things really..... but maybe.... but at this point in time they are of less concern to me.

I want a country my daughters can grow up in...while I want to keep more of my money I am also a realist and know without cutting substantially AND raising taxes we will forever grow our debt and will, at least while we are still a country....we will continue to bury ourselves in more debt. You can argue that Trump will somehow help but he hasn't in 4 years....and if the way he does his businesses he will continue to bankrupt us...Biden will too no doubt..but maybe with a little raise in taxes and a bit less bs. Maybe not...I dont know but I think at least its one side of the equation.

Anyway. I'm done with the argument. As has been said no one is changing anyone else's mind.

Last edited: