Letters to the Editor

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
Greetings all,
As you may or may not know, the Southern Utah Wilderness Alliance (SUWA) has just embarked upon a near million dollar ad campaign designed to debunk the agreement between Sec. Norton and Gov. Leavitt that protects 6 million acres of Utah from being designated illegally as Wilderness. Now groups on our side don't have anywhere near that much money to spend on a counter campaign.
So, what are we going to do?
Write letters. Yes, write letters to the editor in all the major newspapers along the Wasatch Front. Just whip up a quick 100 word letter and send it off! Its not that hard, many of you spend that much time here on the board writing that much. It doesn't have to be great, we just need to make it known that the SUWA way is not the majority way.
Thanks, and think about what you will lose if you don't do something now!

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Great idea. Keep them somewhat short and to the point. Stress the family and togetherness aspects along with responsible use and the right of the many versus the few.......

I'll see what I can come up with for addresses and post them in this post........

Salt Lake Tribune
http://www.sltrib.com/help/forum.asp

Deseret Morning News
letters@desnews.com

Standard Examiner
letters@standard.net

Provo Daily Herald---{kind of confusing----it is Utah county :rolleyes: }
Editorial Telephone: (801) 344-2540
General correspondence, press Releases, news tips and public service announcements should be sent to:
Postal mail: P.O. Box 717, Provo, UT 84603
Fax: (801) 373-5489
E-mail: dhnews@heraldextra.com

And just to add a little spice and to show you what we are up against........
080603cal.gif

The ATV's do have a perception problem due to the independant nature of riding one. We aren't far behind in public perception. If you'd like to keep access for future generations, I urge you to thoughtfully, but firmly express your opinions. Join some of the organizations fighting for your rights (USA-ALL, U4WDA, etc...........the poker run would be a great place to get more information on what you can do. See Todd Adams or Daynene for U4WDA and check with EZ on USA-ALL---I haven't told them about this, but I'm sure they'd love to be overwhelmed for these causes...:D ). I think dues are $25 annual.....not to bad for what you get and you can maybe even make a few friends while contributing to a great cause...

Last edited: