Lexus GX 470 Built for Fun

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Thanks for the info. I'm going to go with the 2.5" OME and probably new UCAs.

Give us a buzz @ Cruiser Outfitters. We helped Dave with the OME suspension on this GX build (and many of his other builds) and would love to assist you too. We stock all the OME, Dobinsons, SPC and 'while you're in there' parts for the GX470 suspension including the air bag delete kits, UCA's, etc. Our parts professionals can discuss your build plans and get you all taken care of! Info@cruiseroutfitters.com or 801-563-1277

Last edited:

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Looks like we’re so far into inflation skyrocketing that shops are now starting to discuss bill plans. 😂

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
Sorry to bring up an old thread, but could you tell me what size OME lift you went with? I'm getting ready to run 285/70/17s and trying to decide if I should go with the 2.5" or 3". Did you have to do any cutting?

Thanks!
I don't recall the parts I used. I know I went with heavy rear coils, but don't recall the fronts. If you call Cruiser Outfitters, they can get you setup for your desired use. Awesome shop! Like Kurt said, they sold me the parts for this GX and a few vehicles since this one.

I sold this to @Stephen 's BIL. Not sure if he still has it or not, but it was a fun truck!

Like @skippy said, you do have to do a body mount chop to fit a 32 or larger tire, as well as massage the pinch seam and either cut the plastic liner, or heat and reshape it. Nothing too difficult though.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
I don't recall the parts I used. I know I went with heavy rear coils, but don't recall the fronts. If you call Cruiser Outfitters, they can get you setup for your desired use. Awesome shop! Like Kurt said, they sold me the parts for this GX and a few vehicles since this one.

I sold this to @Stephen 's BIL. Not sure if he still has it or not, but it was a fun truck!

Like @skippy said, you do have to do a body mount chop to fit a 32 or larger tire, as well as massage the pinch seam and either cut the plastic liner, or heat and reshape it. Nothing too difficult though.
He still has it. Has made further improvements as well!

uncg48GX

Thanks for the reply. I’ve ordered the 2.5” Medium load, conversion kit and 285/70/17s on TRD Pro wheels. I’m having my buddy do the instal since he has a shop and I simply don’t have the time to do it right now.

I’ll do some research on the body chop, never had any experience with that. I had a similar setup on my 4th Gen 4Runner with 285/75/17 on the pro wheels, but only had to heat the plastic liner up and reform it.