Lighten the mood

rholbrook

That happened to my BIL but he was in a log bed Ford 1 ton crew-cab. He didn’t flip over but he went airborne when the semi truck tire hit him coming from the opposite direction the freeway. It took off his front axle and pushed the bumper and radiator back to his engine. He did have to get the front seat shampooed for obvious reasons.

I've watched a half ton truck shear a rear axle at the diff while driving down the road. Like this, except the whole axle had to come out of the housing before the wheel rolled free. It wasn't on the freeway, so not quite as dramatic, but still scary.

Pile of parts

Some times there are just no words…
That happened to me.... About 3 years ago on I215. All of the sudden a tire came rolling across. Cars on both sides and behind me. All I could do was slow down a little and hold on. I was in my crew cab, long bed Ram 3500. The front end did go airborne. Almost $12000 in repair, including a new front axle housing. All the damage was underneath. Not a scratch on any body pannels. I had one of those bull bars with the skid that runs to the bottom of the bumper. The tire took it and the bumper out and tore everything up under the truck. A couple of uninsured crack heads in a car that shouldn't have been on the road for more reasons than just the wheel that fell off.
IMG_20200726_184436087.jpgIMG_20200726_184739826.jpgIMG_20200726_184804243.jpg

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
an_adventure.png

an_adventure_2.png