Lighting and battery option/opinions.

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
Having a headlight ROCKS! My 02 CR is everything I could want in a dedicated single track bike and lighting is icing on the cake :cool:

That said my stator is only pumping out ~50w max and I could use a little more power. I have two ideas running through my head maybe you could give me some suggestions. Total newbie questions--I'm really green when it comes to this stuff :eek:

1. Do you think an LED bulb would help out here? If so where can I find one and what should I be looking for? I have an Acerbis Dimension shell and I'd like to be able to just plug one in without buying a new shell...

2. Another idea I had was wiring in a battery pack. I don't anticipate riding for more than a few hours after dark so I'm thinking that if I could install a battery pack I could have better lighting for a while until it drained down. With the headlight turned off the battery should charge back up while riding during the day correct? Do I just wire it into my 12v and ground wire in my wiring harness? Or should I ground it to the frame? Assuming I need one where should my fuse be located? I had my eyes on this one: http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p...ebCatId=20&keyword=battery&prodFamilyId=26640

Thanks for any advice!

Andrew

1\4elliptic toy

shenanigans!
I am running the Vision X Solstice (2) on my buggy, its tiny 2"x2" solid as a brick and brighter than you can believe. I have always thought that one on my CRF would have been amazing. Its only a single 10 watt led! I got mine from Panos here on the board FWIW.

Ninja edit:
[YOUTUBE]2WlcUG-TQHw[/YOUTUBE]