Little help with vehicle audio?

Kevin B.

Big hippy
Putting a new deck in the wifes' truck, and I forgot to look where the amp jacks were plugged into the old deck. I've got two wires with RCA connectors, one has clear insulation and the other is blue. The new deck has four RCA jacks on the back labeled "amp preout" - left front, left rear, right front, right rear. I can't get any sound out of her sub in any configuration of connectors and jacks.

The old deck had six RCA jacks - LF LR RF RR and a pair labeled SW left and right.

Halp?

Kevin B.

Big hippy
Is the amplifier for the sub turning on (acc source is connected from the head unit)? This will be a blue wire (or is it a blue/white, going off memory) that is used to turn on the amp when the head unit is on.
Ooooh... there was a blue wire that I snipped. It had a tag on it that made me think it was irrelevant. I'll reconnect that and see what's what.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
Ooooh... there was a blue wire that I snipped. It had a tag on it that made me think it was irrelevant. I'll reconnect that and see what's what.
Bingo. That should be switched 12v (either from blue/white behind the deck... Or you could do red which should be ignition). That tells the Amp to turn on