LJ Rear springs solution

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
Nice welding, but what is your true up travel? I am ordering a set of fox 2.0 reservoir's and I hope to get 6-6.5" of up travel before I contact the bump stops.
Thanks. I cycled the axle with the new track bar and it hits to tub floor at 8.5". That and the length of the bumps and how much tube I had to sink in the frame I decided to hard stop them at about 7.5" of uptravel. I am realizing as I type this that I didn't have the shocks mounted during any of this so I might bottom them out first. I'll have to check that. It's an easy fix though, I have some ring spacers that will slide onto the bumps to adjust their length and stop them short of the shocks bottoming.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
I do have access to that set if nth springs if you decide you want them.
Thanks. I think this setup is going to work. The track bar was definitely my main issue. It was hitting the cross member at approx. 2.5" of uptravel and making me thing the rear was bottoming. With the speed bumps I think I can rally into anything that won't tear the control arm mounts off the frame :oops:

astjp2

Hey how much do you change to come do some welding on my jeep? ;) I want to install my outboard shock towers and I will have to weld some axle brackets onto my new axles...I am just so rusty at welding, I will get it done, I just wont be as pretty. Tim

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
Hey how much do you change to come do some welding on my jeep? ;) I want to install my outboard shock towers and I will have to weld some axle brackets onto my new axles...I am just so rusty at welding, I will get it done, I just wont be as pretty. Tim

I have a photographer take pictures of my welds. He also takes pictures of cars for people on KSL:rofl: Seriously, I am in no way a competent welder. I can stick shit together half assed but would never trust anyone else's life to my welds. luckily my wife wants to be buried in this jeep so I am not risking anyone else. lol.

We took it out for a ride on Sunday and I can say it is WAY better. Never bounced off the track bar and the speed bumps were hardly loud enough to notice on the hits it took to engage them. WIth the poly pads on the bottom I expect it will be just the ticket.

My only problem now is I want to cut it all out, fully tube the bump in the frame, raise them an inch and go back to 3" lift springs. :oops: Good project for next year.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
We just got back from 5 days of wheeling at EJS. I will be ordering speed bumps for the front of the LJ now. The rears were amazing. Never bottomed the rear and those holes that sneak up when you're taking in the scenery are absorbed with way less side to side flopping. I could not be happier, well worth the effort.

LJTim

We just got back from 5 days of wheeling at EJS. I will be ordering speed bumps for the front of the LJ now. The rears were amazing. Never bottomed the rear and those holes that sneak up when you're taking in the scenery are absorbed with way less side to side flopping. I could not be happier, well worth the effort.
Well dang. I guess I better figure out how I'll be setting up my rear end now. I think I might just live with my rear set up for a while, and save up for coil overs. I have looked into it, and my outboarded shock towers will work great for 12-14" coil overs. I'll get some air bumps in place of my coils when I do that. I still need to truss and triangulate the rear before I dig into the coil overs.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin

I've jumped my JKU a few times... Falcons and SpeedBumps make ALL the difference.