Local RTT Rental????

Ford Prefect

I really want to buy an RTT, so, at this point I think I need to try one out and see what I think about it.

Does anyone around here (SLC/ Utah County, even Cache valley) rent, in any way, an RTT? Preferably one of the Eeziawn/Mombasa style tents. I would be willing to try a Magiolina style tent, but I need to give it a try at this point, before I get more into this concept of buying one.

Thanks

Brian

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Its something that has been bounced around within the community a time or two, as recently as a couple days ago even. The general consensus is that the market is too small and the time required to properly mount them to a vehicle and adjust the ladder as needed would limit any real profit potential. Adventure Trailers used to rent complete trailer/RTT setups for a decent price, they stopped doing that not too long ago. RTT's can easily be damaged by improper mounting and improper ladder adjustment among other things. It takes me 2-3 hours to set one up on a customers vehicle for the first time. Paying a regular labor rate your already 1/3 of the way to owning your own tent :D Not to say it can't be done in a more cost effective manner. I've been renting 4x4's from places that can do fridges, racks, winches and recovery gear as some of their add-ons.

Ford Prefect

Thanks Kurt, I am grateful. Figured it would come out like this, but I was really optimistic.

I have always been surprised that the camper and motorhome sales places do not sell the RTT. I would think that they would have a much bigger draw than just the 4x4 community and would thus get the word out better that they exist here in the USA. (greater knowledge would increase the chances that someone could rent one! grr.)

Thanks again
Brian