Look Trailers

SnwMnkys

In my opinion theyre kind of crappily built. Ive torn apart a couple and wasnt overly impressed with their quality. The ones Ive owned used a z channel for wall studs instead of stamped stud or square tubing. Ive also never seen a Look trailer with torsion axles.

But every time Ive gone in their for parts theyve always been extremely helpful.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
My current look trailer is definitely lower quality than my old haulmark. That being said.. I have found that older stuff all seems to be built better than new stuff.
Although the look is lower quality, I think that also helps keep it lighter in weight.

SnwMnkys

Pre 2008 Haulmarks, Interstate, and Wells Cargo trailers are all generally good quality. In the recession all the brands started to release more budget friendly lines and the quality took a dump. The Wells Cargo FastTrac and the Haulmark Passport are their lowest quality.

Id find an older Wells or Haulmark before I bought a new Look. But trailer prices are through the roof right now. Even the used ones.

Toad

I looked at a 99 Wells Cargo last night. Trailer hadn’t had a lot of use. Tires were super old, both roof vents were missing, right taillight was busted, and it had a big scrape down the right side. Guy was asking 7g. He was firm on price. I thought that trailer probably wasn’t much more that 7g new. But the add is gone today so someone bought it. Prices of used trailers are stupid high.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
There are a couple of quality levels with this trailer, like many others. I had one of the lower line models and overall for the price it was good. The lower level models have thinner sheeting on the outside and inside than the upper models and this it the only place I had a problem. They had to replace a piece under warranty due to the aluminum sheet breaking around some of the screws on the piece that wrapped around the 45* corner. I believe it was caused by flexing caused by wind. When I sold the trailer it was starting to show some cracking again. Also, I believe the lower models have 24" framing as opposed to 16" on center.

Interior on the look was on par with the Haulmark I currently have. If I were to consider another LOOK trailer I would definitely go for one of the upper models.

Toad

It’s a Snow Shuttle. I can stand up in it. I bought it for a couple reasons. I am working with Sleep in Heavenly Peace. It’s an organization that builds beds for kids that don’t have one. I needed a trailer for that. I originally was going to buy a enclosed car hauler. The snowmobile trailer is more multi purpose for me. I currently haul my sleds on a little 2 place.

Attachments

• EFEA4748-3DF8-467C-AE2E-190A46693470.jpeg
    EFEA4748-3DF8-467C-AE2E-190A46693470.jpeg
    422 KB · Views: 22

rholbrook

I was actually involved in the design of the first Charmac Snowmobile trailers. One of my best friends growing up married into the family that owns Charmac and me, being a bad influence on him, got him into snowmobiling.