looking at 4wheelers/atvs

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
my dad is looking to buy a 4wheeler and i was wondering if you experienced atv guys could give me a hand at what one to get. i might buy one also, after all, how much fun is one fourwheeler?

first off, he is 6'2" and i am 6'5" and we are both at about 220 lbs
anyway, it would have to be 4wd and i would prefer a standard... autos are weird
i also want one that can get up and go if possible, not race or anything, but move.
so what brand do you suggest and where to buy them cheapest? i imagine atv places should be blowing out the 04 models right now.

p.s. what is cool in the rear, swingarm or independent???? weird, i am considering independent in an offroad vehicle :ugh:
seems like neither one flexes but indy probably rides nicer :eek:

Mr.Chevy

My buddy got 2 of the Sportsman 500 H.O.'s and he loved them. It is an all around good wheeler. My buddy and I fit on one just fine and will take us any where.

Jeeptj1998

xj_punk said:
my dad is looking to buy a 4wheeler and i was wondering if you experienced atv guys could give me a hand at what one to get. i might buy one also, after all, how much fun is one fourwheeler?

first off, he is 6'2" and i am 6'5" and we are both at about 220 lbs
anyway, it would have to be 4wd and i would prefer a standard... autos are weird
i also want one that can get up and go if possible, not race or anything, but move.
so what brand do you suggest and where to buy them cheapest? i imagine atv places should be blowing out the 04 models right now.

p.s. what is cool in the rear, swingarm or independent???? weird, i am considering independent in an offroad vehicle :ugh:
seems like neither one flexes but indy probably rides nicer :eek:

These are the ones that I had purchased. Polaris ATP 500 HO I love these ATV and everyone that has drove them like them better then most.

TELFORD

its a work in progress
like everyone else, cant go wrong with the polaris, I have the 500 h.o. I have severel friends that have gone the same way, one guy is 6'2 and probably a good 260 lbs. It works great for him, another has the 600, I have been on both the 500 h.o. and the 600 not much diffrent ride wise. You would not be dissappointed.

Caleb

the only ones we could ever get to last for us out on the lake were the Honda Foremans...we tried the Polaris several years ago and they didn;t last at all...but I remember hearing they have changed some things (dont know what) and there seems to be quite a few happy with them...so take it for what its worth:D

4thefamily

4 wheeler

We have two Honda 350 2wheel drive that will get you anywhere you want to go. Very reliable, but any wheeler is expensive compared to jeepin. You can buy a damn nice rig for the price of a new Foreman, whole family can ride together and you can drive it anywhere all year round. IMHO 4 wheelers are expensive and a waste of money. Just my .02 cents :)

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
4thefamily said:
We have two Honda 350 2wheel drive that will get you anywhere you want to go. Very reliable, but any wheeler is expensive compared to jeepin. You can buy a damn nice rig for the price of a new Foreman, whole family can ride together and you can drive it anywhere all year round. IMHO 4 wheelers are expensive and a waste of money. Just my .02 cents :)

they are not in the same playing field as wheeling. it is a totally different thing.
i could have a fourwheeler and two dirtbikes for what i'm into my jeep. but i took the jeep :ugh:

jcruiser70

poser
Go for an independent rear, makes for a much smoother ride, the Arctic cat 650 is supposed to be pretty nice I hear. The grizzly 660 is also sweet, tons of power, lockers, and a nice instrument cluster. but its an automatic. my .02

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
I have 2 660 Grizzlys and LOVE them. Power, Power, Power, the front locker is sweet. This is the best machine I have ever ridden.