Looking for a decent tripod - need advice.

UT410

On jack stands.
Premium Member
Hey all,

I'm looking for a decent tripod. I'm looking to spend no more than $250. I'll be using this in a range of environments but mostly shooting in my garage (or other shops/garages). Looking for something well made since it'll be used often. I've been reading a ton of reviews and, if anything, I'm more confused than when I started.

I'd love some help.

Thanks,

Brent

Greg

Wanderlusting
Admin
Following.... I have a cheap one I bought at Cabelas, I think I paid around $75? It got broken last time I was out and will be looking for a replacement soon.

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Premium Member
I have a Gitzo G2220 tripod and Manfrotto 488RCO Ball head and love them. Both are now discontinued and I really can't remember how much I paid in 2004.
I'm guessing that to buy the equivalent now would be north of $400.

UT410

On jack stands.
Premium Member
I ended up choosing a Manfrotto 190XPro3 with a BHQ2 XPro ball head. After shopping around and reading reviews and watching YouTube vids, I felt good with this set-up.

The shame of it all was that I bought this set-up online for so much less than I could pay locally. If it were $20-30 more, locally, I would have paid up - but it wasn't even close.

All that said, I'm excited for the set-up to arrive. I'll post up details when it comes in.
[h=1][/h]