Looking for a Used Compound Bow

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
I would really like to find a used Bear Apprentice or Mission Menace. Any ideas were to find decent used bows? KSL and ebay dont have much.

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
I should mention thisis for my son's 8th birthday, and I want a bow that can grow with him. So my selections are limited.

chans

Last edited:

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
You should look at these
http://pse-archery.com/c/main-line-compound-bows_rally_rally-mossy-oak-break-up-infinity
A bunch on eBay brand new for 350-380 ready to shoot even with arrows to 289.00 for just the bow.
18-31" draw length
20-70lb draw weight

Problem is with a used bow I don't trust the strings and have no idea how much life is left in them so plan on adding 80-120 for a new string because you don't want it letting go.

Thanks for the input. I'm not sure if 20 pounds is light enoughfor him. His draw length is probably around 21 inches, but I really don't know what weight he'll be comfortable with. The Bear and Mission bows both go a bit below 20 pounds. Neither go up to 70 pounds, but by the time he maxes out the bear at 60 pounds (if he ever does, I probably wouldn't), he will know what he wants and can buy his own.

Seven

I have been looking also. I think with these bows that new is probably the best bang for buck. I have been finding them used on the internet for 225 to 375. I found the bear apprentice II at sportsman for 279.99 Or ebay for around 210.00 I have been around archery and have bought and sold many used bows and I just don't think the price that they are selling for used is worth it when compared to a new one. Usually warranties don't transfer, strings do wear out, You don't know if they were dry fired(we are talking kids), among other things that usually go with a used bow. If you do still want to find one used on the internet, Archerytalk.com is probably your best bet. and it is possible to maybe find one cheap enough to justify used, but expect to spend a fair amount of time on there watching.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bear-Appren...474?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item53ff6fb8e2

Seven

They have the Apprentice and Ruckus youth bows new, but nothing used. There has to be a vast reservoir of barely-used youth bows somewhere...

These youth bows that have this crazy adjustability of 15-20 to 70 lbs are fairly new on the bow market. They have only been out for maybe 4 years. before that you would have to buy ones that went 15 to 30 and then 30 to 50. That is why I think that the used market for them is so hard right now.

chans

Thanks for the input. I'm not sure if 20 pounds is light enoughfor him. His draw length is probably around 21 inches, but I really don't know what weight he'll be comfortable with. The Bear and Mission bows both go a bit below 20 pounds. Neither go up to 70 pounds, but by the time he maxes out the bear at 60 pounds (if he ever does, I probably wouldn't), he will know what he wants and can buy his own.

20-70lb is the general spec but most likely it will go as low as 15 or 18lb and as high as 73 or 75lb. Full Draw archery in Sandy has them in stock and can probably tell you how low they can actually go.