• Side-Jobs Forum Rules:
    • No requests related to 4x4, offroad, or any services already provided by vendors who support RME and make this site possible. If you are seeking these types of services, please post in a General 4x4 or another approriate forum.
    • No requests related to morally questionable or illegal activities
    • Any requests here may be removed at any time at the discretion of the moderators

Looking for assistant Tour Guide

sandsucker

Neil Peterson
Hi everyone, I’m looking for someone who would be interested in doing week-long guided tours in southern Utah. I’ve recently launched a new company called Desert Solitude which offers full service, all-inclusive, luxury level RV camping tours. I need another guide to be on my two-person team to help provide guests a world-class experience when they tour Southern Utah with us. If you’re interested please take a look at our website and let me know what questions you have.

DesertSolitude.com

Most importantly I need someone with a flexible schedule that allows you to guide a week-long tour multiple times per year.

Here are some of the things you would be doing as a guide for Desert Solitude:
Work with another guide to create a two-person team conducting tours with 2-6 guests.
Daily tours of National Parks, State Parks and recreation areas according to a scheduled itinerary.
Chauffeuring guests to sightseeing destinations, restaurants, and shopping
Prepare and serve camp-style meals to guests.
Relocating fifth-wheel RV to various sites along the tour route
Daily housekeeping duties
Preparing for tours including vehicle cleaning and maintenance, purchasing supplies.
Post-tour logistics including returning rented equipment, cleaning vehicles, drain the RV pooper

sandsucker

Neil Peterson
Pay?

- DAA

The answer is Yes, definitely. How much? I'd prefer to have that conversation privately as it depends on the person, experience, and such. But I can say this - The pay structure is per day seeing as the guides are technically on the job 24 hrs a day while with our guests. However, the guides switch duties every other day. So one day a guide is out driving the guests, hiking, sightseeing, and chauffering according to the itinerary and the preferences of our guests. The next day that guide would be in charge of meal prep, room service/housekeeping in the RV, and I think will have about 4-6 hours or more that day of downtime. Anyway, there's a base per diem but then, I assume being in the travel industry, that there will also be tips. Additionally, I have built into the business model to do some profit sharing, but it may be 3-5 years before there's any of that to share. All of the food will be provided as well as sleeping arrangments are provided and the driving is all done in my vehicles from Salt Lake so that also can get factored into the compensation.

There's not any health insurance, dental, or 401k. There's no PTO, no onsight employee counseling, no HR department to whine or cry to, and definitely no designated safe spaces. :rofl:

If anyone is interested enough I'd be happy to talk in more detail via email. DesertSolitudeTours@gmail.com

sandsucker

Neil Peterson
Pay?

- DAA

Since I haven't had too much interest I guess I'll through it out there that starting pay is $280/day. You can slice that into hours as you'd like but it's for doing the above-mentioned duties while camping away from home. I based it on 15.5 hours of being available per day. I think the average will be less than that but somedays it could be more. On prep and clean up days when we are back in SLC the pay is $18/hr.

If you know of anyone who may be interested please feel free to spread this info around.