Looking for hunting and fishing partners

redrussell

Thought that a thread for people looking for hunting a fishing buddies would be good. Put out what you are looking for, experience, equipment and anything else you think someone would need to know.

redrussell

Actively seeking hunting and fishing partners

Thought that a thread for people looking for hunting a fishing buddies would be good. Put out what you are looking for, experience, equipment and anything else you think someone would need to know.

For example, this is real too, I'm Russell and I am looking for people to get together and go hunting and Fishing. When it comes to the outdoors I have probably done it. I am especially looking for partners or groups to go waterfowl hunting with. I have everything except for a dog(Mine passed away and I have not had the time to train another) or a boat. I have all the saftey equipment and experience on a boat. If you go out and have room for an extra person please let me know. For fishing I love pretty much all of it. I am married and we have kids so if possible I like to take them or at least have to take my almost 5 year old son. We have fished Utah lake with good success and a few of the smaller ponds around tooele area, I will be trying Strawberry this weekend.

As for all the other hunting I have the weapons for hunting anything and everything in Utah. I prefer modern rifle and muzzleloaders, bows just aren't my cup of tea but I have done it. I really have no pet peeves when it comes to hunting except for safety, I will take personal risk in regards to climing mountains and slopes but I don't accept unsafe gun handling especially. I am comfortable taking long shots if the conditions are right and I fully have faith in my shot, I have shot big game out to 760yds and all were one shot kills. I like getting out and walking, I especially like spot and stalk style hunting. I like upland birds as well. Only bird I haven't hunted the way you are suppossed to is dove, I have always dove hunted where we get out and walk, everyone else apparently sets up a blind.

If you are interested please send me a PM or just a text to 2o8-six08-zero379

mesha

By endurance we conquer
I would like to get out and hunt some doves. I don't know where or how to do it.

I have enough experience to realize I don't have enough experience :)

Kevin B.

Big hippy
Cool thread. I have a Savage .308 waiting for me back in Oregon, as soon as I get my hands on it I'll be looking for somebody to show me the ropes. I haven't hunted deer since I was ten.

I'll go fishing too. I like casting better than I like trolling, but I won't bitch too much as long as there's fish in the boat. :)

redrussell

I don't mind going out with people that don't know an area or people who are beginning, I used to be a hunters Ed instructor and I have taught all 23 of my younge cousins to hunt and shoot. I don't like going out alone to a new area is all, just like 4 wheeling

redrussell

Wow. :eek: That's one hell of a shot.

The only reason I took the shot was that we had hit him with the range finder 4 times, last day of the season and 2 days earlier I had hit the 800yd plate with the same rifle so I had a good dope. I was very pleased with the shot but was 4" to the left and 2" higher than I wanted but still got him in the neck and he dropped like a rock.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
I have had strong interest in learning to coyote hunt. I have done a few deer hunts is all. I have gear and guns. I have close ties to some pretty important people in blanding with some darn good hounds.. I keep threatening to go down for some lion and bear hunts.. but haven't yet.

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
I just got home from a fly fishing trip in Idaho. It was a blast. I would love to go out with others if they can tolerate a newb. I also like fishing from my canoe.

redrussell

I have had strong interest in learning to coyote hunt. I have done a few deer hunts is all. I have gear and guns. I have close ties to some pretty important people in blanding with some darn good hounds.. I keep threatening to go down for some lion and bear hunts.. but haven't yet.

Cat is fun, I was invited on a mtn lion hunt and got to shoot one. I shot it with a .22lr, I didn't believe it was enough but it did the job right away. Was a smaller Tom is why they passed on it. It's very fun. All of
My bears were shots that just happened, wasn't stalking or baiting them, just crossed paths.

If anyone is heading out sometime to do anything shoot me a line. If we are g

redrussell

Stupid fat thumb... If we are going fishing I will have to take my 4 year old. I started him fishing last year and he is already and addict and catches bigger fish than me.

D

Deleted member 12904

My kiddos and me take nearly weekly "fishing adventures" as they call them to Grantsville res. Not great fishing but fun times with the boys.

I also will be rifle deer hunting this year but will be going in on dirtbikes for a good distance before hiking in the rest of the way.

i also got out a fair amount coyote hunting last year with decent success and plan to do more of that.

redrussell

Ok I have a really ba itch and only waterfowl can scratch it. Anyone want a partner? I have all my own gear including waders except my decoys haven't made it here still. Moving company says they will be here by thanksgiving though.