• Side-Jobs Forum Rules:
    • No requests related to 4x4, offroad, or any services already provided by vendors who support RME and make this site possible. If you are seeking these types of services, please post in a General 4x4 or another approriate forum.
    • No requests related to morally questionable or illegal activities
    • Any requests here may be removed at any time at the discretion of the moderators

Looking for someone to tune up older 4trax.

UT410

RME's Holistic Healer
Supporting Member
I have an 86 Honda 4trax. It's always been a bit temperamental in the winter, which is the only time it is in regular service, but it's never let me down.

Today it struggled, sputtered, fouled a plug, would barely idle, and eventually when the snow was cleared - it quit.

I am looking for someone to get it back up and running.

Thanks,

Brent

DaveB

Long Jeep Fan
For motors that sit a long time the carbs can get gummed up especially the idle circuit. Yours sounds like it is running rich which could indicate a float that's not shutting off completely. Where are you in Holladay ?

85CUCVKRAWLER

pro tip: Anything you use that still has a carboreator on it, replace the gas with ethanol free gas and keep a big jug of it around for all your ATVs/lawnmowers/pressure washers/etc.

The ethanol turns into tiny balls of jelly if it sits too long and plugs up the orifices in the carb. Couple years ago i took this advice and none of my equipment ever gave me trouble ever again.

UT410

RME's Holistic Healer
Supporting Member
pro tip: Anything you use that still has a carboreator on it, replace the gas with ethanol free gas and keep a big jug of it around for all your ATVs/lawnmowers/pressure washers/etc.

The ethanol turns into tiny balls of jelly if it sits too long and plugs up the orifices in the carb. Couple years ago i took this advice and none of my equipment ever gave me trouble ever again.

My neighbor was adamant to never run ethanol gas in it. I kept up with that, too.

@DaveB I am on 56th. @Gravy is going to get it back in shape for me. If it were summer, I would dig into it.