Wanted Looking for welding help/advice

johnsonbz

Looking to widen supports on my trailer. I need to extend the verticals out 2 inches on each side ATV wheels are going wider.
Looking for someone to allow me to work with them to get a little welding edumacation OR also seeking recommendations for anyone that I could pay to do this for me. It is all about timing this summer :)

Any wisdom sharing people out there?

IMG_1355.jpegIMG_1317.jpeg
IMG_1320.jpegIMG_1318.jpeg

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Supporting Member
I'm up for it. There is a lot of work you can get done before you bring it here; cutting things off, grinding to bare metal, etc. Looks like you'll need to expand the horizontals by 4" as well.
Are there 4 or 6 uprights?
What size tube? looks like 2" x 3/16 wall, you'll need some of that. I have some but not sure how much.
I'm up for doing it, but I'd rather teach you and let you do it.
I'm a bit low on MIG gas but if we run out I also have stick so you could learn both (6010 stick is the honey badger of welding, crank up the amps and it don't care about rust, paint, grease, or plating).
I'm available most Fri, Sat, Sun except the ones coming up this week.

johnsonbz

I'm up for it. There is a lot of work you can get done before you bring it here; cutting things off, grinding to bare metal, etc. Looks like you'll need to expand the horizontals by 4" as well.
Are there 4 or 6 uprights?
What size tube? looks like 2" x 3/16 wall, you'll need some of that. I have some but not sure how much.
I'm up for doing it, but I'd rather teach you and let you do it.
I'm a bit low on MIG gas but if we run out I also have stick so you could learn both (6010 stick is the honey badger of welding, crank up the amps and it don't care about rust, paint, grease, or plating).
I'm available most Fri, Sat, Sun except the ones coming up this week.
Awesome...I would be happy to do all the pre-work/tear down and get it to the assembly point. 4 uprights. Teaching me to fish is an amazing thing, worth its weight in gold (steel) I will try and get some scrap 2" and start pulling it apart this weekend. Thinking of some sort of sleeve for the horizontals... up for any ideas. Tentative plan for next week Friday or Saturday. I will reach out for more details via msg/txt.

Thank you!