Wanted Looking my first dirt bike. Yz 250. Ktm 250. Ktm 300

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
Looking for my first dirt bike. Looking for a 2 stroke 2007 and up yamaha yz250 or similar years ktm 250 or 300. Need to be around 2500 to 3k. Not interested in anything else really. Hoping somebody knows somebody before it hits ksl type of deal and someone that can be straight with me on condition as I have very little knowledge or experience.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
The KTM will probably be hard to get in that price range and still get a nice bike. I have 2 yz250's and a brand new KTM 300. If I were in your shoes, I'd drop the KTM and just look for a yamaha. Your bang for the buck will be much better and you can spend the $ you save adding goodies.

rholbrook

The deals on the KTMs are out there but you have to go out at least two states away to find them and them get them shipped here. I have found plenty of them In Utah and in our bordering states we are pretty proud of our KTMs and ask top dollar for them. Go to states with higher populations the bikes are cheaper because there are more of them.

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
Thanks for the tips. I agree a yamaha is probably a better fit for my budget

Cascadia

Undecided
I've got a 2014 husqvarna 250 tc I was going to list in spring for 5200 but I would let it go for 4600 to someone on rme. I know that's a lot more than your budget but I'm just throwing it out there. The bike is a riot. It's got a new top and bottom end at 110 hours, ten hours ago. Has a bunch of aftermarket parts like Pipe, silencer, pegs, bars, seat, and a couple other little things. Let me know if there's any interest. Again, I know it's higher than your hopeful budget.