Looking to buy a 410 pistol.. Your thoughts?

haulinshine

That sounds plausible...but this was coiled up under the tongue of a trailer. Certainly not his normal "home".
certain species do have a specific "home". Western Diamond Backs have what is known as a "home range" meaning an area that has the resources they need to survive, i.e. food water shade and potential mates, and will stay within the area but will not defend it. They will only be interested in defending themselves and more often than not will attempt to move away from anything too large to eat that poses a risk to their health. In general you are fine to let them be and if you have the capability move them away from your camp safely feel free. All of that being said if I see one in camp my story will always be that it was "coming right for me" and " was afeared for my life", and there will be one less in the world

YROC FAB.

BUGGY TIME
I keep a 410 single shot long gun in the truck that we call the 'snake gun'. It's proven to be an effective part of our camping gear. We are gearing up for some longer hikes through snake infested territory, and I think I would like a pistol version 410. The judge appears to be the most popular. I am ok with just about any single shot or revolver. For those of you in the know, is there any specific gun I should or shouldn't be looking at?

To clarify, I do believe it letting snakes and varmint be unless we feel physically threatened. We have has some bad luck with some lately though, which has my nerves up a little. I am not out mindlessly blasting snakes.

Why stick with a 410? Seams kind of heavy for hiking. I'm sure a .38 or even a .22 with some birdshot would dispatch any buzzworms.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
My latest kick is that I want a 410 tactical shotgun now also. If anyone happens to have one they want to let go, I’ll swap you $500 for it. Looking for something like the Omni hybrid or xt3.

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
Have you seen the ar 15 based 410 shotguns? I was super tempted, but parts and feed issues bothered me

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
Have you seen the ar 15 based 410 shotguns? I was super tempted, but parts and feed issues bothered me

That's what I am looking for. It seems the early models had the feed issue. Newer models have been repaired. From what I can tell it was actually a magazine issue.

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
I just don’t see the logic in paying big bucks for a gun I’ll likely never use. I run across 4 or 5 large Diamondbacks a year down here. I pack 18 rounds of “Snakeshot” in my 9mm and feel comfortable around them. So far, I’ve never fired at one.

I'm one of those guys who believe the more guns I have the better, but I won’t waste my money for a gun with a single purpose.