Lost Samurai build up

crawler12

Lost Samurai dovetail and EXO cage build up

First things first, here's an introduction to this project and and the goals of the build. This project started out as a basic Exo cage build and now has expanded to include new front and rear bumpers, rock sliders, a 16" dove tail, front and rear shackle mounts, spare tire carrier, and the cage will be a Hybrid interior/exo cage. To start here's some pictures of what I had to start with. Due to a couple of street roll overs it's a little ruff in a few places. I'm interested in any opinions, let me here from you out there.
dustinssami006.jpg
dustinssami005.jpg

Last edited:

crawler12

Now for the fun stuff, the first part to tackle is going to be the dovetail. The goal is to have a substantial dovetail and not try to loose any functonaliy. between the wheel wells the floor will remain stock including rear seat mounts and stock rear body mounts.
samibuild051.jpg
Starting with the framing I used 16 gauge 1" x 1" square tubing and in the corners since I don't want to bend the square tubing I'll be fabricating corner sections out of 1/8" flat stock.
samibuild056.jpg

crawler12

Now I'm skinning the rear. This is a pic of the frame extention and reinforcement under the targa bar. I did his to give myself a good solid surface for welding the new skins.
samibuild012-1.jpg
Mocking up the new skins.
samibuild016-1.jpg
fitting the new panels.
001.jpg

Last edited:

crawler12

Now that I have the front bumper and rock sliders built and installed I can start working on the EXO cage. Here are some pics of what is done so far, this should get you all caught up and current on this build.
100.jpg
097.jpg
005.jpg

Last edited:

lostsamurai

FnZuKiN24/7
Yeah scott does great work, i am the owner and i only have good things to say so far, im getting really anxious to get back out on the trails, the build is going great, keep up the good work, ill be over tomorrow to give you a hand