Luxury bathroom

Tonkaman

I’ve been preparing to finally remodel my master bathroom that burned down. After the fire I promised my wife I’d give her a luxury shower with multiple heads, body sprays, rain head, etc.

I walked the Ferguson showroom last week and got some quotes for the shower fixtures. I choked to death when the initial quote was $14,000! Unfortunately all of my quotes were above $11,000.

So I’ve got a few questions:

who here has built a luxury shower?
Is this price point realistic?
Where did you get your fixtures?
what brand fixtures did you go with?

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Having all those fixtures sounds cool, but I wonder about the plumbing in the house. Can it support a million gallons per hour? At my house it's game over if someone flushes a toilet while I'm showering.

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
I just did a rain head and a normal head, with wand in the large shower. I can turn on both fullsize shower heads or just one. I always use the 2. No body jets. My stuff is all delta and those 2 were like 350 for the 2. The faucet for the clawfoot was over 600

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
We just did a dual shower head in our Master Bath. Basic Moen faucets and shower heads. The heads are JUST close enough I can get blasted by both at the same time. I LOVE the dual shower when I'm sore from working on the yard. Shower isn't HUGE but it's good sized enough for two (don't do that often but it's kind of nice to shower with your woman sometimes) and handy if both of you need to get out of the house pdq in the morning. It cost us an extra $750 or something :rolleyes: for the two shower heads but I'm happy enough with it already that at least half of that $ has paid for itself.

I'll post up some pics of ours to this thread. I don't think ours is "luxury" but it's nice and comfortable. We are happy with it and that's all that matters.image.jpg

image.jpgimage.jpg

that’s pretty much the whole of it. I’m not sure I’d call it “luxury “ but it’s comfortable and easy to clean which works for us and our habits

Last edited:

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
Our sounds pretty similar to @mbryson. It's about 7.5' from wall to wall and about 3.5' wide. Shower heads on either end but too far apart to get blasted from both.

Before I had my knee surgery in December I bought a "teak" bench off Amazon for $110 as well as the cheapest wand shower head I could find for when I couldn't get my leg wet but would still want to wash the stink and Cheeto dust off. I thought I'd use the wand only until my leg was better but tend to sit on the bench with the wand after doing grunt work and it's been super nice to have that as an option.

To get the space for that size shower we got rid of the garden tub which neither of us cared too much about. At our last house we used it to wash the dog and that was about it.

I had read that rain shower heads lose their allure after a month so I wasn't too crazy about looking into them much.

SLC97SR5

IDIesel
We've got a set of Grohe fixtures with a regular head on one wall and a wand on another that is on a bar that can be slid up and down. The dual heads are awesome for one or 2 people and the wand makes cleaning the shower and washing the dog nice.

Ours is not luxury but it's the nicest I've ever owned.

I'd absolutely stick a 300CFM remote mount fan in there. Nice and quiet and fog free.

What's your water heater situation? I go back and forth on the tankless and right now I would stab another 50 gal in place. I thought the new federal rules went into effect that mandated thicker insulation on the tank units but we just had 2 new 50's installed at another property and they were nearly identical in dimensions to the 15+ year old units that were removed.

Tonkaman

To clarify things a bit, my plan to this point is:
- approximately 6’x 5’ shower with L shape bench seat
- 2 shower stations
-1st station has shower head, 4 body sprays, and rain head
- 2nd station has shower head, and handheld on slide bar

The quote I mentioned earlier is for
-2 shower heads
- 1 rain head
- 1 handheld on adjustable rod
- 4 body sprays
- 4 rough in valves for sprays
- 2 digital valve bodies
- 2 digital displays
- 1 40” linear drain

I am only looking at shower valves that support 3/4” to get the GPH I’ll be demanding. The ones I bid for are digitally controlled thermostat with a presetting for each person.

Hot Water will be supported in future by a Rannai instant hot water heater. I installed one at my moms house and the thing is amazing.

Tonkaman

Having all those fixtures sounds cool, but I wonder about the plumbing in the house. Can it support a million gallons per hour? At my house it's game over if someone flushes a toilet while I'm showering.

I definitely crunched numbers to be sure that wouldn’t become an issue. I have plenty of pressure from the street and a 3/4 supply coming inside. Since the piping is accessible I plan to run 3/4” all the way to the bathroom and create a grid system to supply plenty of flow.

Since I do fire sprinklers for a living I’m definitely comfortable with hydraulic calcs.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
I definitely crunched numbers to be sure that wouldn’t become an issue. I have plenty of pressure from the street and a 3/4 supply coming inside. Since the piping is accessible I plan to run 3/4” all the way to the bathroom and create a grid system to supply plenty of flow.

Since I do fire sprinklers for a living I’m definitely comfortable with hydraulic calcs.
You act like you know something about plumbing. I thought you were a pipe fitter, not a plumber😉