M923

I found an M923 for a decent price (I think), and I'm debating if I oughta get it or not. If I do I think I'll have it bobbed, but then, that's why I come to you guys since you guys know all this modifying and performance stuff. And thoughts or ideas?

Last edited:

AaronPaige

What year and what are you considering as a decent price, I have been looking for a long time and still have not jumped yet.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
There was one up here near me for $7k. Can't say I didn't drive by it a few times... but I don't need a project THAT big right now ha.

AaronPaige

There is one around Beaver for 3k ish but it’s 21k lbs and not really road worthy, so getting it home is a chore I’m not ready for

What are your plans? That's a big truck, bobbed or not
I was thinking of going either way. I could make some money off of it if I converted it to a water truck. Even though it's designed for 5 tons off road, I think I could carry at least 2,000 gallons. In such a case I'd keep it with both drive axles. If I just want a massive truck, I'd bob it. Biggest problem is my current truck and all the places it cannot go. Like the Hanging Tree trail. The M923 I think could do the trail. But just an example.

Last edited:
I was looking online and started thinking an M36 might be better. It's a Deuce & a Half with an 18' long bed. I'd still have to pull the front drive axle though.