MACHINED flat washers

rholbrook

I am in need of some very precise flat washers. Your normal flat washers are punched out and not flat all the way across. The size I am looking for are about a M6 or so in size and .25mm thick or in multiples of .25mm thick like 1.0mm.
Anyone know somewhere selling something like this?
Thanks
Russ

Attachments

• C1335DF9-580F-4169-B17F-9B6E4B3CF203.jpeg
    C1335DF9-580F-4169-B17F-9B6E4B3CF203.jpeg
    137.3 KB · Views: 12

SnwMnkys

ACE hardware is my go to for anything fastener or component related. There selection is awesome depending on the location. I think Ive seen something similar there.

The one in PG has a couple old timers working there who have nothing better to do than make sure each drawer is fully stocked and see if you need help finding something.

rholbrook

ACE hardware is my go to for anything fastener or component related. There selection is awesome depending on the location. I think Ive seen something similar there.

The one in PG has a couple old timers working there who have nothing better to do than make sure each drawer is fully stocked and see if you need help finding something.
The Kaysville one has a good selection but when they didnt have a small bolt I needed, I left to go to Bolt and Nut Supply in Ogden. I got the bolt I needed but they didnt carry any of the washers. I will go back and look.

Tonkaman

Bolt and nut supply is always my go-to store. I’m amazed at how cheap hardware is when you go to an actual hardware store! My first thoughts were thicker washers and a belt sander...

Glad you got it figured out Russ. What are you using them for?

rholbrook

Nipple rings were last week. This week it’s linking them with a small chain to a new “Prince Albert” piercing I’m going to get.

I am doing a complete engine rebuild on my KTM 300 XC before I sell it and when I bought it already had a Rekluse autoclutch in it. I haven’t pulled it apart prior to this rebuild so I didn’t know what model clutch it was. It is the Z-Start which I had in another bike years ago and loved it because of how bullet proof they were. The clutch has 66 .25mm machined washers or spacers that are spread among the 6 bolts that are stacked under the Z-Start clutch face plate. That puts 11 spacers per bolt measuring 2.75mm. When I pulled this out I had all these spacers that I had to get figured out and I thought I was short a couple but in reality there were two that measured .50mm for some reason so I am good. I had Cooksey Cranks rebuild the crank for me and PowerSeal USA redo the cylinder back to OEM spec and got a Vertex “A” piston from them as well.
Chad, where did you get your piercing at that @jeeper and @Tonkaman have been talking about?

Attachments

• 0716CE9B-EACE-48DD-8294-02260028E66C.jpeg
    0716CE9B-EACE-48DD-8294-02260028E66C.jpeg
    213.4 KB · Views: 22
  • 3FB7F587-26B2-4C7C-A1AD-5639B384EFF3.jpeg
    3FB7F587-26B2-4C7C-A1AD-5639B384EFF3.jpeg
    351.3 KB · Views: 22
  • 35B4DC43-5AAC-4121-BDEB-C223AEAEE734.jpeg
    35B4DC43-5AAC-4121-BDEB-C223AEAEE734.jpeg
    315 KB · Views: 22

Tonkaman

Those Z-Start clutches are bomber! I never once rebuilt the one I had in my CRF.

So your selling the 300?? Too much bike for ya??

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
What do you call these things? They clip around a frame, or other hard to reach places719D0749-79B9-4F3C-B9E2-F47DEBE0C4E6.jpeg. Do you think the almighty Ace would have such a thing?

Tonkaman

Car quest stocked them once soon a time. It’s a Dorman part and we just called them speed nuts. They come in a hand full of sizes so you better bring one with you

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
They had some at home depot called speed nuts.. but they didn't have the shaped nut part, they were just 2 tabs on each side to grab threads. I need them to be able to hold a good amount of pressure, so I need them like the one in my photo. I will try Ace. If not, the internet has my back.