Made a filler neck

BBowski82

What are you looking at?
Man I can't believe FuelSafe wants like a 100 bucks for somthing just like this. I slapped this one together today in the shop. Worked out pretty well, I can post some more pics once I get it mounted if anyones interested. Cost me next to nothing. Plasma cutter makes quick work of cutting too!

BBowski82

What are you looking at?
the inner ring is the stocker from the stock fill cap/neck deal. I just welded the nuts to the ring seeing as how I won't be able to get my hand down inside to hold them now.

kb7sei

Nice work. I don't suppose you want to make me one do you? :D I'm getting a cell and would preffer to keep the filler. It's eaiser than dealing with the aircraft cap, IMO.

Skyetone

Kinda crabby latley
so in a cell isn't the anti spill tipover flap thingie (cool lingo) inside the neck? Don't you need to have special paint to avoid the gas eating it away?

BBowski82

What are you looking at?
Originally posted by Skyetone
the anti spill tipover flap thingie

huh? yeah the fuel safe fillernecks have a flap in them, mine doesn't just a cap to hold in the fuel. I personally don't even know if the "anti spill tipover flap thingie" really keeps any gas from leaking or not. ALL I DO KNOW IS....mine cost about 5 bucks. thats quite a bit cheaper.:D

As far as your special paint....I don't plan on dousing the outside of the neck with fuel :rolleyes: ....i plan on keeping the fuel in the filler hose that will be connected to the neck.

Andy

aka. Hollywood
I found that if you weld the bolts to the inner ring(inside piece) that it is much easier to put together. Not to mention, how are you going to hold the inner ring inside the tank with the filler neck there? The one you buy has the bolts welded in the ring, I found this out the hard way, so I hope this helps you so you don't have the same problem.:D ;)

BBowski82

What are you looking at?
I welded the nuts to the inner ring, got a section of all thread, ran two pieces of all thread into 2 hole(opposite sides) then poceeded to add my bolts. once I got a few bolts in the ring I unthreaded the allthread and wolla. It wasn't too bad. I can see what your saying with the bolts coming up through though. I think its a little cleaner looking with just the bolt head though. NO biggy though