Make The Zuki Great Again

SparkFarmer

Hey everyone, my name is Kevin. New to here sent by YROC FAB. I'm located in Richfield, UT.

I'm building a 1987 Suzuki Samurai

Currently has had minimal work done to it, but upgraded perches and steering.

Toyota axles are currently being built to go under it. Stock drive train for now.

SparkFarmer

Found this pig a few months back for $200 and drive it onto the trailer backwards, with starting fluid.

Got it going with minimal work. Weber 32/36 that was givin to me and made the adapter plate myself.

Currently have:
5.29s for the axles
4.9s for the t case
trusses and knuckle ball gussets
corbeau baja ss x2
harnesses
welded rear end

Currently need:
elocker
hydraulic double ended ram
powersteering pump
wheels and tires

The_Lobbster

Way cool to see another Zuk build. In my experiences, the weber 32/36 suck, they seem to stall out at angle pretty easy. I've heard there is a mod you can do to them to help remedy it, but I've never done it. I always just do diesel swaps haha. That thing looks way cool with the top chopped open though!! Can't wait to see how this turns out!

SparkFarmer

I was given the carb, and it was the easiest route to be able to drive it to satisfy my need to wheel it. It was better than rebuilding the Hitachi haha. I may end up putting a 4.3 Vortec in it in the future, but for now the ole powerhouse 1.3 will do.

SparkFarmer

Couple photos of the ole tin can.

Attachments

• 20191001_145803.jpg
    20191001_145803.jpg
    531.1 KB · Views: 25
  • 20191001_145753.jpg
    20191001_145753.jpg
    460.1 KB · Views: 25

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
I have a big mikuni. (Like 50mm). That was a hot swap when I worked at Rocky Road like 15 years ago.

I did not realize that you worked at RRO... That must've left you with some stories. Were you there when Glen pioneered the 'Jeep Eater' kit on my sami and used grade 3 bolts on my steering knuckles? #goodtimes

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
Is that the one where they used 3" coilovers springs as coils?
I'm sure that was before I was there.
I was just customer service. I heard rumors that they used some low grade bolts for mockup then forgot to switch them out. So long ago it's faded my mind.

I had only just met you in Moab with Rob when you had the chopped blue 4runner and some time around when your crazy girlfriend kidnapped your truck.