Map of Strike Ravine?

OffroadGirl

Hey there, I'm new here -- I wish I would have found this forum awhile ago. It seems like there is a lot of good info.

I'm looking for a map of Strike Ravine that is a bit more detailed than what is on the Area BFE site. Maybe GPS coordinates or a track or something I can go by. We've tried to run it before but got pretty lost. Does anyone have anything like that?

If it helps, we've played around in the area near the parking lot and we've done Minor Threat and Green Day. Everything is a BLAST out there! Here are some maps and stuff.

Minor Threat
Green Day
Parking Area

If anyone has some Strike Ravine info I'm listening. Thanks!

yellowbronco

Cuts Through Grease !!!
As far as I know the only map of Strike Ravine is the one in the EJS paper every year. Its a VERY confusing trail, it pretty much just links a bunch of old mining roads together without any rhyme or reason. Running it with someone who has run it before is probably the best way to find it. IMO it is a fairly gay trail with a few cool old mines along the way. Talk to Greenjeep here on RME, he's who I ran it with, and he might have a better idea on maps and whatnot.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Map...

attachment.php

Attachments

• Strike Ravine Map copy (Medium).jpg
    Strike Ravine Map copy (Medium).jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:

RufftyTuffty

As far as I know the only map of Strike Ravine is the one in the EJS paper every year. Its a VERY confusing trail, it pretty much just links a bunch of old mining roads together without any rhyme or reason. Running it with someone who has run it before is probably the best way to find it. IMO it is a fairly gay trail with a few cool old mines along the way. Talk to Greenjeep here on RME, he's who I ran it with, and he might have a better idea on maps and whatnot.

4 Wheeler TV ran SR and it looked like it had some good stuff...did they go off the trail or is there optional sections?

~Mike

yellowbronco

Cuts Through Grease !!!
4 Wheeler TV ran SR and it looked like it had some good stuff...did they go off the trail or is there optional sections?

~Mike

I wish I would have seen the show:( Nothing that I saw on the trail was more than maybe a 3 1/2. Not that I don't mind doing easier stuff, it's just that it never really felt like I was on a "trail".

OffroadGirl

I've found bits and pieces of it but it's the area in the middle near the ridge where I keep getting confused. I've found where the old trail is closed now (where the "revegetation" sign is) and then you go down to the ravine on the other side where you intersect with the bigger road where you can go left or right (with left taking you around the big loop on the eastern side).

cruiseroutfit, would you have that map in GPX format or something else I can put in the GPS? Thanks for the map!

Here's where we went:

map_big.gif

I've also gone down the middle part where you pass Green Day and all that, but it's not shown on this map.

Last edited:

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
I have it in a .hwp file (AllTopo Software), let me know if that will help.

The route shown in my map was as lead by some of the RR4W/MF4W folks :cool: