Marc Bryson lazy "build" -JT Gladiator Rubicon

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Is it easy to turn off the stop at a stop light "feature"?

It's extremely easy to turn that off. Just remove the drivers side most plunger that is activated by the hood closing (forward area of the engine compartment). That turns the "feature" off and I've enjoyed the truck significantly more now that it's not stalling at every red light.

I'll give the Tazer a shot for a couple of minor other things as well. Not sure I want to dive in too deep at all.

---Full traction control disable (excl. 4XE): Press and hold the traction button for 5 seconds to fully disable TC and ABS (and enter 2WD in the 392. Tap again to restore 4WD.) Shut off and re-start Jeep to re-enable.
---Start/Stop Kill: Set the Start/Stop system as you wish, enabled/disabled, and the Tazer JL will set it that way then next time you start the vehicle.
---Winch Mode (excl. 4XE): With the engine running, press the left arrow and cruise RES buttons at the same time. The engine will rise to the RPM selected in the live menu (default 2000). There may be a few seconds delay before it changes. It will NOT raise if you touch the accelerator pedal, and will cancel if you do
---Brake Hold (excl. 4XE): enable/disable the brake hold feature, which will automatically hold your brakes after pressing brake firmly for 2 seconds under these circumstances: • not in a menu • at a full stop • your seatbelt is on • in drive •
---Homelink EXT: Keep garage door opener powered after vehicle shutdown. Options are: Off IGN - 30 seconds after shutdown DOOR - 30 seconds after shutdown or with door opened and alarm disarmed
---Set TPMS: Turn the tire pressure monitoring system on or off.

Interesting features:
---Turn Assist: lock the inside back tire for sharper turns (button remap function only) (excl. 4XE)
---Bed/Reverse Lights From Keyfob: • Unlock x 3: Turn on Bed Lights • Unlock x 5: Turn on Bed Lights and Reverse Lights • Lock: Turn off Bed/Reverse Lights (will also turn off after 30 minutes)
---

Attachments

• TazerJLMiniUserGuide1137.pdf
    650.8 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I'm not even sure what that is... :handlebars:

Same. It has an IMEI number so I assume it is some kind of wireless phone device? I'm not into being more tracked than I already am, so out it goes.

The Tazer is kind of odd but cool in a way. I've got some issues with my speedometer reading not correctly now. I need to call the dealership that "built" the Jeep and see how they corrected the speedometer. Start with that and then get back to the Tazer.

Edit: so my speedo was correct AND my AutoStart was left exactly how I left it when I turned off the truck last night. I'm kind of a binary guy so this confuses me a bit.

Last edited:

Mouse

Trying to wheel
Supporting Member
I've been using a Tazer in my Gladiator almost since day one. Its been pretty flawless since a software update in late 2021. I primarily use it for the ESS (stay off) and for a forward-looking camera in the grill. It also allows you to use the navigation while driving.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
I didn't know you could do a trail turn or whatever the Bronco calls it. That's neato poteato

Trate D

Runs just fine without it . Here's to hoping I don't hear from America First soon?
If that’s what it was it was previous owner I would bet. Usually seems it’s only on high interest loan company’s vehicles. They can be removed it just kills the signal and they know something was up. It probably been off the system for a while.

shortstraw8

And potentially some vehicle controller from your phone, lock doors, etc.... but definitely a tracker

1665022509645.png
Looks to be canadian eh