Marc Bryson's K30---Errrr '94 Wrangler----wait, '4x MB---I don't know what it is.....trail rig?

Marc Bryson's K30---Errrr '94 Wrangler----wait, '4x MB---I don't know... "Jeep" works

Owners Name & City-

Marc Bryson, Woods Cross, UT

Make, Model & Year of Vehicle-

Excellent question. Titled as a '80 CJ

Engine-

'89 TBI 350

Transmission-

700R4

T-Case-

D300

Axles-

Front: Chevy Dana 60, 4.56 gears, Eaton E-Locker. full width

Rear : Shaved 14 Bolt with spool, 4.56 gears. full width

Suspension-

Waggy fronts

XJ rears (reversed) 101" wheelbase

Wheels and Tires-

38" Super Swamper TSL/SX on stock H1 wheels with PVC beadlocks

Winch-

T-Max 9000

Favorite Trails-

Pritchett, Coyote Canyon, Mineral Basin

Other-

lots......

backontrailer.jpg

abandoned_rig.jpg

I'll get some 'action' pics next time I take it out. (it might be all one color by then, but who knows.......)

Attached are 'all one color' pics.......

freshpaint.jpg

freshpaint2.jpg

Last edited:

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
.....My point is, if your engine is really tired, it might not matter as much TO YOU to drive it on it's side or whatever, but if it's fresh it won't necessarily hurt anything. (provided you have oil pressure at all....)

...and it'll cut down on the smoke screen. Can't be bad :D

mbryson

Supporting Member
Here's some updated pics from tonight. I'm LOVING the lack of rear flares. Almost exactly the look I've been going for.

Attachments

• IMG_3466 (Small).JPG
    IMG_3466 (Small).JPG
    42.8 KB · Views: 339
  • IMG_3473 (Small).JPG
    IMG_3473 (Small).JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 576
  • IMG_3479 (Small).JPG
    IMG_3479 (Small).JPG
    61.6 KB · Views: 335

mbryson

Supporting Member
attachment.php

Here's the original wheel opening with the "crusher corner". I need a plasma cutter one day when I grow up.

attachment.php

The new/improved gas filler. Still trying to figure out what to do with the fuel filler hole, taillights and license plate.

attachment.php

I LOVE this look. Looks like a big MB to me which is exactly what I've been going for the whole time. Now I want to clean up the build (hood especially), paint it decent and make it respectable looking.

Last edited:

mbryson

Supporting Member
Well, it's "done"..... (still have to add onboard air, but for the most part it's done, finally)

attachment.php

We have the street legal version....

attachment.php

The interior that's missing 98% of it's original red.

attachment.php

and here's how I prefer it.

There will be some changes as time goes on. I think I'll move from the 40" tires to some 37" tires. The Kevlars work OK and seem to be wearing decently. With the Detroit and some tunes, I do enjoy cruising it around a lot more. I'll still probably redo the hood. Big thanks to everyone that's helped along the way. Brent Orton and I kind of slammed a bunch of the loose ends together a couple weekends ago in Idaho Falls.

I'm still kicking around some Stauns or Inner Air Lock beadlocks.

It's fun to look at the Jeep and see a lot of people's hand in it. Braden's dash, Caleb's tub/frame, Russ Fullmer's cage work, Shawn's tie rod, Rocklogic hydro assist, Todd Adams' windshield frame, etc. etc. etc. I've horsetraded with a lot of people on this board and via KSL or whatever to get stuff I wanted. Some of it's still here, some isn't.

Attachments

• IMG_0044 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0044 (Small).JPG
    73.2 KB · Views: 264
  • IMG_0046 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0046 (Small).JPG
    48.4 KB · Views: 258
  • IMG_0050 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0050 (Small).JPG
    55.6 KB · Views: 264

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Looks great Marc, been a long time coming to be called 'done'! Simple, but very capable... and 10x the rig the ole' XJ was!

Let me know when you're ready to unload those 40's.... ;)

Taco4life

That is a bold move to use the term "done" on a Jeep. I have loved watching this thing evolve, I am going to have to stop by one of these days and check it out up close.

RockChucker

do you have some pics of how how attached your fenders to your fenders? i'm going to be doing some tube fenders soon, and i don't want a 6 or 7 inch tube fender. i don't like the look, but to keep the law off my back i will need something that i can easily remove...thanks. Jeep looks great.

mbryson

Supporting Member
do you have some pics of how how attached your fenders to your fenders? i'm going to be doing some tube fenders soon, and i don't want a 6 or 7 inch tube fender. i don't like the look, but to keep the law off my back i will need something that i can easily remove...thanks. Jeep looks great.

Oh, the flares to the fenders? I just used some "coupling nuts" from Lowes and welded them into the tube. I'll get some detailed pics up some time. I tried a few different ways to do that, but the cleanest and most successful was to just cut a chunk of tube out wide enough for the coupling nut to fit in, tack it in with the welder, put a bolt into the coupling nut to keep slag out of the coupling nut threads and final weld it along the sides. Grind smooth as your tire will be hitting it.

Last edited:

DerekM

formerly dirk124
I am really interested to see how you built those front fenders. I like how the flares are easily removed. Are those TJ Flares?

I love the look, that is what I want mine to look like someday.

mbryson

Supporting Member
I am really interested to see how you built those front fenders. I like how the flares are easily removed. Are those TJ Flares?

I love the look, that is what I want mine to look like someday.

They are TJ flares. 6" Xenons to be exact.

We should chat about a trade if you're interested. I need something I can drive more to work. This poor Jeep rarely gets out of the garage.

Last edited:

Bart

We should chat about a trade if you're interested. I need something I can drive more to work. This poor Jeep rarely gets out of the garage.

Hmmm, that sounds familiar. If you're serious there will be times when you regret it, and there will be times when you love it.

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
In all honesty offroading I HATE my JK. The other 360 days a year I love it!

I hate that I can't (won't) do some of the dumbass things I used to do, but driving to Moab in comfort then home without the trailer and all that other crap makes for a lot more trips. And I'm tired of working on Jeeps.

Does this appeal to you? If so, welcome to the old farts club! :rofl:

Hmmm, that sounds familiar. If you're serious there will be times when you regret it, and there will be times when you love it.